Why shopify is telling me i have an upcoming bill,however i am in still in 90 days trial ?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guy,

I wanted to know if some of you who used the covid 90 days trial, have you got a bills tab saying like: 

"Current billing cycle: May 28, 2020-Jun 26, 2020" in billing page ?

Normally i signed up on 28 march, so they told me that i don't need to pay till 26 June.  But now they are telling me i would need to pay 29 dollars for this month. What should i do?  have anyone got an email to contact shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi, @Davidbbs!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Great question! So you are currently in the middle of your final 30 day trial period (out of 90 days) which is why you are seeing the message "Current billing cycle: May 28, 2020-Jun 26, 2020". Your new 30-day billing cycle will begin on the 26th of June and you will be charged your first subscription fee of $29 the 26th of June as well. A great breakdown of how our 30-day billing cycle works can be found here if you would like to take a look. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

So even if i close my shopify store before 26th of juin, 29 dollars will be debited from your credit card?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Davidbbs,

If you close the store anytime before the 25th of June, you will not be charged for anything as your store is still on a trial. You will be charged for a subscription on the 26th of June if you decide to keep the store open. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes