Will Covid impact my new site

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I've just setup https://impossiblebags.co/ and I'm new to this game and I'm worried how covid could affect me making a start. I spent a lot of time building my site, I'm not sure how it compares to others? but will covid stop me making any sales?...very worried beginner.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
674 109 148

Hello @Impossiblebags, do you own these inventory? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Well I'm drop shipping like everyone else

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
674 109 148

@Impossiblebags, From where are you dropshipping the products? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

From china

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
674 109 148

@Impossiblebags, Delivery time is a big issue in dropshipping business these days. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

As you may have noticed, unfortunately this pandemic is affecting every business around the world - the likelihood of yours not being impacted is very low.

Just think how many people are out on the streets protesting rather than spending money online, many others have been impacted in the worst possible way in terms of health and thus the purchasing power has decreased. People seem to be more inclined to buy Covid- or health-related items, so the entire offline and online commerce world has drastically shifted.

So what I would recommend is that you don't put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. don't rely on your shop for an income), and rather expand your horizons, make it so that you have several income sources, because the world is changing, people are changing, interests have already changed.

Covid affects us all in one way or the other, and if it hasn't already, eventually it will - sorry for being the bringer of bad news.

Helping small & big businesses since 2010 grow their online presence by providing professional SEO audit reporting services for their websites.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
194 2 11

It could impact greatly or not, depending on your actions. You can read this article COVID-19 Business Strategies: Survive and Thrive. Or check 12 Trending Products to sell on Shopify in 2020. Hope you can get some good ideas from this. Cheers!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
2 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Well, VERY GOOD QUESTION!!! What to say as you can see what is happening in the USA, UK, INDIA, SPAIN, ITLAY.I must say the world population is in great danger.

When men dying then effect directly goes to business and other areas If I am not wrong. These days millions of job losses all over the world, people are living in the streets now this time is not good for all kinds of business and not the right time for any kind of investment.

We all have to fight and we must beat CORONA (Chinese Virus) :).. as you have started business in website and you like to have good traffic on the website then these days news and COVID 19 related news websites are on top of search results. I don't know about your website category but yes this time is not good.

You must read a few good articles on Forbes and YourViews.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
239 9 71

As far as I can tell you, @Impossiblebags there will be specific countries that are on the verge of boycotting Chinese products - you need to check up with the laws if they are still welcoming Chinese products. Your business will definitely be affected if you're a dropshipper - delivery will be slowed down! 

For now, just be concerned about social media marketing - this way you'll be able to market your store by incurring least amount in real cash.  

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
1 Like