Will Shopify Suspend Fees?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 50

It would greatly help in these uncertain times if Shopify waived their monthly subscription fees for all stores for the next few months at least so we have a safety net to protect our stores and businesses. 

29 Likes
Explorer
59 0 35

Shopify’s current response is to give loans through Shopify capital. I don’t want to borrow money.

You can pause your store so it runs 14.00 USD. Your website will still be on the web but customers will not be able to checkout. 
I am very dismayed at Shopify’s lack of sensitivity to the pandemic.

21 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 50

The Shopify loans don't help me either since I'm in the U.K with a U.K store and the loans facility is only offered in North America. 

12 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 5

The loans are also only available to U.S. based Customers.  So not super relevant to a lot of us.

5 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 19
I wish the suspension of monthly fees happens because as of now, we are not making any sales. We are determined to work with Shopify but as of now, we are hit so bad
15 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

loans and and funds now available in U.K according to latest shopify update  https://www.shopify.com/blog/small-business-government-relief-programs

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

i just checked and either they havnt updated the page yet or it is not available for us in the uk yet 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 13

Couldn't agree more. Would love to see further efforts from Shopify to aide their current users. If new users can get 90-day free trials with Shopify, current customers who have already paid so much money into Shopify should get the same (if not better) treatment.

13 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 9

Covid is affecting us all.  Every dollar saved right now can really help us small businesses survive the long haul during this unprecedented time.  I hope that Shopify will do something to help us small businesses, the backbone of America.  We would grateful for anything you can do!

9 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 7

I completely agree. We have been with Shopify for a number of years too. It frustrates me that businesses are always looking to support new clients, rather than say thank you and support their existing ones. 

7 Likes