Will Shopify Suspend Fees?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
That would be great if they could as my business income has completely dried up because of covid19. I have a party shop and cause I'm in Australia I don't have access to the capital options
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 0 28

Did you look at the fees they're charging for capital? It's about 35% APR. That's loan shark territory.

Alex Brecher http://Store.BariatricPal.com BariatricPal Store: Save Money on Bariatric Food, Vitamins & Nutrients
4 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

It would be difficult for them as well as even they have a team of developers and many other overhead things.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I was thinking the same thing! The capital doesn’t really help me as I’m using shopify in NZ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 2

could not agree more..... pfff in this uncertain time

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Definetely, I've also opened a similar thread to this one. Hope shopify do take care indeed of people who haven't actually got any sales to take off the subscription fee for 3 months.We ain't producing anything.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
59 0 35

Wow I am so upset with Shopify. New shops 3 months free. Ok should I cancel my account and make a new one to get a break.

Right now I suspended my account on $14.00 plan. This is a no win for everyone. Shopify doesnt make money from my fees, or sales, and

all the app developers lose out.

It does not make sense.

I propose keeping the shops open for a nominal fee or free for the next three months at least!

6 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
Completely agree, my store must stay open for Order now Pay Later however no income at all during this time. South Africa in 4th day of 21 day lockdown
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Totally agree! Strict policies or not Shopify needs to be making more efforts to help the small businesses that SUPPORT them or we will have to pull the plug. How is it fair to offer a 90 day free trial to new customers but do nothing for existing customers besides offer a loan through Capital...that isn't the answer here, I have seen Square do so much for their customers during this time and it's very disheartening when Shopify won't help at all. If we suspend our shops how are we supposed to operate?! Times like this has me re-evaluating what e-commerce platform I want to do business with and maybe Shopify isn't where I need to be. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
True @sierrawinter
My trial ended soon before our country went on lockdown, so I've paid the fees but 0 sales since all delivery services have been shut. Shopify has some good resources for those in N. America but a lot of us from developing countries can't make use of those aids
0 Likes