Will the gift card part be staying on all packages?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is this just a thing for now or will it stay available on all packages?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @Clare_Meaney

The plan is for this to be a temporary measure. To provide more context there, extending the feature to all plans has been done in an effort to assist merchants during certain economic hardships that might arise due to the COVID-19 crisis. As we do not know when this issue will be resolved, we aren't able to provide an end date or expected time period for how long the gift cards will be available on all plans.

That said, we do know that this feature will continue to be available until economies begin to recover from this crisis. If you do sell gift cards during this time period, they will continue to work as payment if the feature does end. Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
3 0 0

Just curious if Gift Cards are still a temporary feature of the basic plan.

On shopify.com/pricing it shows that it is part of the basic package and there is no indication that it will go away in the future, which would lead me to think that it is permanent. Also at the bottom of the page it does indicate that Shopify POS Pro is free until Oct 31, 2020, which again, would make me think that Shopify is disclosing anything that might not be part of the basic plan in the future.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @rob10k8

Gift cards are still currently a temporary feature of the Basic plan. At this time it is not planned for this to be permanent but, as any feature on the platform, that is subject to change in the future. This is not included on the pricing page because there is no way of knowing how long it will take for the economy to begin recovering from the COVID-19 crisis, which is how long this feature will be kept in place. As mentioned above, any gift cards sold during this time will function for payment later on, even if the merchant no longer has the gift card feature.

All of that said, I can definitely see how that would be confusing! I've made sure to pass your feedback on to the team that edits those pages so that we can hopefully get some clearer messaging there. Thanks for the feedback! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog