Would It be a good idea to start a new store in these COVID-19 days?

1 0 0

Hey Fellows,

Is it a good idea to start a new online business today in the e-commerce niche.

What about your sourcing if you are mainly doing from China?

Do still customers exist? How much buying power they have.

Can anybody share his/her experience?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
1074 84 237

A lot more people are shopping online, the trend should continue.

From the ecommerce stores I've seen, most have increased sales during covid.

If you're thinking about it, I think it's a great time to give it a go.

Good luck!

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1507 0 0

I don't think so. because it might be dangerous for your family as you gonna outside and communicate with the people outsides. I could cause big loss to you 

0 Likes

Hey @weedeeliver,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, to answer your questions.

Is it a good idea to start a new online business today in the e-commerce niche. Absolutely! Just make sure your product isn't in a saturated market (we tend to see a lot of clothing stores or dog toys/costumes/food stores on here). The other thing you want to stay away from are products that are easily accessible, things that can be purchased in any big box store or online through them or Amazon. Ideally you want a trending product that is not available in stores.

What about your sourcing if you are mainly doing from China? We have recommendations for which planforms to use if you are drop shipping, we cover it in this video:

Do still customers exist? How much buying power they have. Absolutely! Again, just make sure you are choosing the right product, know who your target audience is and make sure you spend some time on your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello

There are no hard times for starting an online business. Even the demand for online stores have increased more than offline stores in this covid situation.

It would be a great idea to start your online e-commerce business in the fastest growing handicrafts niche. Because there is a lot of boom in the handicrafts industry and for sure it will be a market bull in coming years. 

So don't delay any more my dear friend! #Join the journey of handicrafts e-commerce and become successful.

If you don't know how to setup this handicrafts e-commerce business, please don't hesitate to comment below. I will help you with the process.

Thank You.

For reference you can check out the benefits and financial projections of handicrafts.

0 Likes