is it a good time to start shopify store (CORONA-19)?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello,

Regarding Corona-19

I am wondering if this period is a good moment to start dropshipping store,

as I am wondering if client can still get their items shipped.

Thank you

D.W

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
51 1 6

to start selling -> NO

to start building store-> YES

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

I agree with above comment - good time to start preparing (I launched my first store about 3 weeks ago, but I am holding all marketing channels until the Covid-19 situation starts to fade away), but not the best time to launch.  People might be more eager to look at online shopping, now that they're staying more at home in many countries. But shipping times are increasing every day, and so are the shipping costs. So if you want to promote your store, you definitely need to be transparent about shipping costs and potential delays. Best of luck for your business forwards ;) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

I agree with the both comments

You should launch now and promote your new business, grow your business list, treat as pre-launch, you can also sell on a pre-order basis [Covid special] with the items being shipped at a later date. People are spending a lot of time at homes, browsing online, so this is a golden opportunity for any online business. Simply think how you can utilize it to make the most of it. 

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 5

wondering what thoughts still are on this?
I launched my store end of march and have had quite a few orders. I was transparent with shipping time - or i thought i was to my knowledge. and now it has been 2 months and only 1 person has received their order. what is everyone else doing? shipping costs have also gone through the roof since setting up shop making it hard to make a buck. 

0 Likes