Shopify Partner
28 1 11
  • Who we are: Onstate
  • Where we are located: Leeds, UK
  • What we do: Shopify Plus Agency
  • What we are offering: Free theme for pubs/restaurants to offer takeaway
  • Restrictions: n/a
  • How to redeem: n/a

We built a Shopify theme for a local pub to help them take online orders for food during the COVID-19 lockdown: https://mended-drum.myshopify.com/

The theme supports a number of useful features including:

• Manage a menu of up to 100s of products
  • Create menu sections (e.g. 'Starters', 'Mains' etc.)
  • Set delivery charges (including free delivery over a certain order value)
  • Delivery slot management
  • Collect special requests on dishes
  • Mobile-friendly design
  • Payments on credit card, Apple Pay and Google Pay (via Shopify payments)
  • Quick add-to-cart
  • Sell non-food items (e.g. tickets to events such as remote pub quizzes)
  • Pub-style blackboard design
  • Add your own logo, colours

We've made the theme available for free for anyone who wants to do the same. Full details and instructions here: https://onstate.co.uk/takeaway/free_shopify_takeaway_theme.html.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Chris, just came across this theme that you guys have developed. Think it is absolutely fab. My daughter who has been with us through lockdown, helped( she did it all) create a very basic online ordering store for our fish and chip shop using shopify. However she has now moved out and we would really like to use yours, but I am rather clueless. Is there any help or advise you could offer please? Many thanks, Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 1 11

Hi Chris,

Have you had a go following the instructions on here: https://onstate.co.uk/takeaway/free_shopify_takeaway_theme.html? Try having a go through that and see how you get on. If/when you get stuck drop me a message on here and we'll see what we can do to help.

Thanks

Chris

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
28 2 6

Hi Chris,

This is stunning!! Love the colour and layout.

I want know if we can set up take away with POS with Shopify, how much would you charge?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 1 11

Thanks @OMDigital_Blog .

I had a quick look and POS should work pretty much out of the box if you follow the setup instructions for the theme. The only thing you'd need to bear in mind is that staff will need to remember to add a delivery slot to the order (it's just another product) if you want to use that feature. On the website it forces the customer to choose a slot, but I don't think that is possible with POS.

Let us know how you get on and add any questions here...

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
28 2 6

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Chris

Please could you explain how are we able to change the font in collections eg, "Pub Classics" including heading line1,2 description, product titles, variants and prices (able to change rich text fonts under theme settings but this does not apply the change to other sections), additionally, if we wanted to remove the background texture, how would this be done please?

Many Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 1 11

Hi Chris,

This is not possible with the theme as it stands. I can add this to your theme - can you let me know the address of your site please (the xxxxxxx.myshopify.com address) and I'll request access and once you grant this I can make the changes.

Thanks

Chris

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thanks Chris

The shop address is:    the-friary-south-brent.myshopify.com  

Many thanks

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted