Need Help Converting Visitors to Sales.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there I started an snow apparel company about a month ago.

We have had about 600 people view the store but only 1 sale and 1 abandoned checkout.

Please can you help me out and take a look at my website to see what I can improve on anything to get more conversions.

I feel as though I have a solid website so far although I would love some constructive criticism!

Should we have had more sales by now or am I getting carried away?

Thank You!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
12 0 11

Hi @Hall72

That's a really good looking website that you've built! As a whole, I'm really liking what you've done with it to this point, though a few minor things stand out to me that I'll list out for you here below: 

- The Instagram feed that you've installed at the bottom of your website seems to have stopped working, or was not initially set up. I'd love to see this looked into because you've got some really great social content published on Instagram and certainly more to come. 

- I think you'd really benefit from a Currency Conversion tool! The Shopify app store will be your best resource for many of those, but if you're using Shopify Payments for your business then you'll be able to use those features right out of the box. Giving your customers the ability to change to their local currency is a sure way to increase conversion. 

- I noticed that you did not have a Search field installed in your websites header. This kind of feature is far from mandatory, but if you find yourself not getting click through, it could be because your customers have not been able to find the products that they were looking for. 

Even though you've generated a good amount of visits to your site, not all traffic is created equal. In the early going your journey as a business owner will take you through different paths as you start to learn more about your target demographic. Since our conversion rate to this point is rather low, then it's possible that the traffic you are getting is not the right traffic for your business and focusing more heavily on your Social Media accounts to help you attract customers organically and / or using paid ads there would help a great deal. Specifically, I checked out your Facebook Business Page that you've linked through your Footer and noticed you didn't have a Shop Tab set up yet. This feature, in addition to product tagging on Instagram would certainly be a great place to start! 

Building a new business takes time, if you find yourself needing a few more ideas, I'd recommend checking out  Compass by Shopify and the Shopify Academy if you haven't already. They are tremendous resources that we've built to help you find inspiration for your business. Keep up the great work :) 

Thanks! 

Dan | Shopify Staff @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn more about starting your business with Shopify Compass

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at my website and the positive feedback!

I have implanted all the point you stated above. Check it out xryowear.com

Looking forward see them in action!

I tried to put the search bar in the header next to the search icon but couldn't find the option to edit the search bar or code that controls it.

If you know how to have the search in the header instead of the drawer that comes down in the default Debut Theme please let me know!

With the currency converter I would like to have it auto swap based on the IP of the visitor but once again I need help :)

Many thanks  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
12 0 11

Hi @Hall72 , 

Happy to hear that you were able to implement all of those features into your store so quickly. I am hoping that you start to see some of the early results soon, and are able to continue with the growth of your business using Shopify Compass and the Shopify Academy

Regarding the Search feature, this is typically built into all copies of the Debut theme by default and upon closer inspection of your website, it's there already beside your customer account button though in a font color that cannot be seen! I would strongly recommend playing around with your Color settings in your theme and changing the one that is used for Headings. Although the Headings option will control more than just the search field, you can also reach out to our Live Support team through the Shopify Help Center for 1 on 1 assistance with our Theme Support team to help make your Search Feature visible :) 

You'd asked some questions about Shopify's currency converter tools, and I'm happy to answer those for you here. Automatic IP conversion of the buyers currency is unfortunately not yet available at this time, but it's something that we continue to work hard toward providing for you. If you're looking for a feature that will allow for the automatic conversion of your customers checkout currency, feel free to check out our App Store

Thanks again for asking your questions! Please feel free to share here anytime :)  

Dan | Shopify Staff @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn more about starting your business with Shopify Compass

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Dan,

I found the solution for the search in the header!

Its seems that the issue was that the search-header would only be visible in widescreen so I created a rule at made made it visible all the time and  one (or more) that reduces its size as the browser reduces. Check it out: xryowear.com

A handy tool for anyone experiencing issues in a certain part of their website is pressing F12 and expecting element it basically tells you exactly which part of the theme.scss.liquid you need to ticker with resolve it.

Thank you once again for all your help Dan.

1 Like