Need Tshirt Store Dropshipping Return/Exchange Strategy Advice

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello  - I'm close to launching my store and will be using Printful and Printify to print my Tshirts on demand.  I'm new to this and was wondering how others setup their store in regards to the refund and exchange policy.  Since shirts are printed on demand and custom for each customer, do others allow refunds?  For example, if a customer orders a size Medium and realizes it didn't fit and wants to purchase a Large size instead, how does this work with printing on demand/dropshipping?  Since printing on demand I do not have a warehouse to store products, etc.  If a customer wants to send a shirt back, where is it sent?  How do others manage this with Thsirt printing on demand companies? 

Thanks!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
25 0 15

Hi @DutchyTown , 

Congrats on coming so close to launching your new business, these must be exciting times, and I'm glad that you're reaching out to us here for advice :) 

Store policies are one of the more difficult tasks that you will undergo as a business owner, because they are very subjective and always open to change. But returns and exchanges are part of most businesses, so I'm happy to see that you are looking into these now before you launch. Getting returns can be financially painful, and in the short term can lead to a loss of profitability while you're trying to get your business off the ground. For these reasons, it can be tempting to dismiss returns altogether, but a well crafted Return Policy can be turned into one of your greatest assets. Helping customers feel supported can be turned into one of your greatest strengths! 

With the above said, it will be your responsibility to put together some policies that accurately reflect the values of your new store and the way that you would like to conduct your business. Shopify provides business owners a template for most store policies in the legal section of your Shopify admin, and a "How to" guide can be found right here at this link. To go beyond that, I've included some links to the official Returns Policies for Printful and Printify below, in addition to the short video that Shopify has put together in our Compass Program that I see you're enrolled in! 

- Shopify Compass - Setting up Legal Pages

- Printul Return Policy

- Printify Return Policy 

Regarding the returns of your products, most print on demand services do not accept returns of any kind, but you still have some options. Some businesses let their customers hold onto the product, while others prefer to have the originals sent back to their home address, an office address or a PO Box. One of the added bonuses of having the item returned to you is the opportunity to repackage the item should a sale come in for that same item in the future! If you decide to go this route, I would strongly suggest creating a contact form on your website with the express purpose of capturing feedback from your customers. 

Hope this helps, and please be sure to reach back out here if you need anything else! Best of luck with your new business :) 

Dan | Shopify Staff @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn more about starting your business with Shopify Compass

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I just recently discovered Printful. How has your experience been so far using Printful + Shopify together?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
25 0 15

Hey @tinyuniverse ! 

Printful has a really great Shopify app that I think you'll really love :) 

Some of the things that you'll want to know as you get started are that products you create for your store are automatically synced over to your Shopify account, and orders that you receive are automatically pulled over and even paid / fulfilled if you've chosen to leave a payment method on your account! It's a seamless integration, and it's one of our best apps for merchants hoping to do print-on-demand as a business model and that's to say nothing of their high quality printed products, which are some of the best around! 

I strongly encourage you to give it a try, but I also wanted to share some helpful resources with you to help you make your decisions. One of them is a quick video from Shopify Compass that helps you pick a print-on-demand service for your business, and the other is a link to the FAQ section of the Printful website that specifically relates to the integration with Shopify in case you had any other questions: 

Hope this helps you a great deal, and best of luck with starting up your new business! Please make sure to keep us in the loop if you need anything else at all :) 

Dan | Shopify Staff @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn more about starting your business with Shopify Compass

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Dan, thanks so much for taking the time to point me in the right direction! I'll let you know how I do. :)

1 Like