What value do mistakes have on your business?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
26 0 16

Compass_banner@2x (1).png

Entrepreneurship presents an amazing opportunity for you to make significant growth in your personal and professional life regardless of the initial success of the business. That’s because some of the greatest success stories are examples of risk taking, mistake making and failure that have been turned into real life victories. 

Throughout most of our lives, many of us are often told that making a mistake or falling short of your ultimate goals is an outwardly negative experience, and one that we should be avoided. The truth is exactly the opposite. 

It’s true that the more risks that you take, the more you will fail. But we take risks, and we make mistakes because we have something of value that we want to achieve. The great thing about experiencing more failure is that it’s the surest way to learn, and by taking more opportunities to fall short, we are also creating more opportunities to succeed. 

We rarely take the opportunity to speak about the hard lessons and hard truths that stood in the way of you and your business, but the surest way to develop and grow is to take the time and acknowledge those moments. 

What mistakes have you made in creating your business and what have you learned from? 

Would your business be the business that it is today without those hard lessons?

desktop4.png

Dan | Shopify Staff @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn more about starting your business with Shopify Compass

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Good article, thank you! I think that people make a lot of mistakes while creating schedules without using an availability form or something. It sucks when people are forced to abandon their needs for their job.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
26 0 16

Hey @StroggCore

Happy to hear that you liked the article, and thanks for sharing your feedback :) 

I'm interested in hearing more about your ideas to help people find time for their needs outside of their working hours. How has this come up in your own work life? Are you currently building a business where some of these ideas you have can be implemented? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
26 0 16

Thanks for sharing that template, @LForward1 ! 

0 Likes