Newbie Here!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. My name is Stephanie and I am new to all of this. i have never started a business before and all of this is overwhelming. I have even spent almost a week and a half away from this because I am not sure I can do it. I am currently unemployed due to health reasons so money is super tight. Can you guys please look at my page and point out any mistakes and anything I can do to start selling products. I feel as though I should erase it all and start over.

Also what apps are a must have that are free for the moment. I cannot afford a bunch of subscriptions to apps even though I know will help me make money in the long run. I have to take baby steps.

Thank you in advance,

Stephanie M.

AKA Mama Butterfly

https://3ly5cff1c3gam09d-32475775112.shopifypreview.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
88 22 26

Hi Stephanie,
as I can see in your website your products are awesome and beautiful in look specially https://happybutterflies.myshopify.com/products/lovely-butterfly-printed-shirt one, i would like to mention few things that must be corrected.
1. Change the font family and please use a professional one like Montserrat or Some Normal looking fonts.
2. Please mention you contact page on the site as user always have a concern that if they feel any issue on product where do they contact for this
3. Please Mention About Us for your startup
4. Please Add a good collection name like "Shop your butterfly" if have one. If you can separate product in "Collections" then will be much better.
5. Please do some corrections for your product page UI and add a Nice description for your products.
6. Please Use paypal as well in your payment options as mostly people use this.
7. Please Create a beautiful logo for your Shop First.

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: technicalvishvas@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
24 0 19

Hey @MamaButterfly ! 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Compass Community Forums about your store, it looks great!  @VishvasMishra made some great points about things that could be added to improve the navigation and usability of your website, and I wanted to hop in and share some resources to help you make that happen. I'll go about listing them for you below: 

- Changing your font style can be done from your Theme Editor, which you can access by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Typography in your Shopify admin. We have some help documentation about choosing fonts and some best practices that you can find here in our Help Center. 

- Contact and About pages are some of the most important pages that you'll add to your business website. It's a great way for customers to learn more about your business and get in touch with you if they have any questions / concerns about an order they've already placed, or one that they are considering making. Shopify has published some guides that you can access here and also here

- Well written Product Descriptions can make a serious difference when it comes to capturing your customers attention and making that sale. The team from Oberlo has put together a nice article and a quick video that I linked for you here. I would strongly recommend checking that out :) 

- Shopify has launched our own tool to help you develop and publish your very own business logo, we call it Hatchful and it's completely free! I would strongly recommend checking that out and giving it a try for your business!

To go beyond all of the above, it looks like you're just about ready to really go live and start attracting real customers to your storefront! Once you've applied much of the changes above, I would strongly recommend checking out The Shopify Academy which is another free resource that we've put together to help merchants take those first steps into growing their store and generating traffic. It's full of great guides and great ideas for marketing your business. 

Hope these help give you a head start on tracking down resources to help make those changes. Please let me know if you need anything else at all, and keep up the great work :) 

Dan | Shopify Staff @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - Learn more about starting your business with Shopify Compass

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
161 8 15

Hey @MamaButterfly,

Starting out can be overwhelming, it's totally understandable. That's why we putting out content regularly to help Shopify merchants with online businesses, you can check out our Shopify resource page if you need help with anything regarding business.

Cheers! 

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes