1 month with zero sales, no traffic. trial expired soon .. what could be the hidden problem?

8 0 0

Hi all,

My store has been up and running around 1 month, but i have zero sales with very low traffic. low as if less than 5 or 10 per day, or somedays can be zero traffic too.

i had setup a facebook page but only 1 like so far :(
i also try to follow most tips on seo for my store whichever i could, but still nothing change much.
due to my low budget, i starting up with only adwords paid marketing ..

my store may not look so appealing as im using free theme. currently im starting to migrate into new theme hoping for some improvement. however, i don't think this design thingy could change much traffic right?

may i know what is the issue? Is it due to my product problem? Or price too high? Or could it be just my luck?

there are plenty room of improvement for sure, but it looks too bad to have zero sales after a month. was hoping like a few sales made for me to grow from there. 

im still doing search around to find possible tips and solution .

hope to hear from your advise 

Thanks a lot guys =)

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

Hey Steven,

> i also try to follow most tips on seo for my store whichever i could, but still nothing change much.

SEO/content marketing is a phenomenal traffic source, however it generally takes a fair amount of time and effort to get it driving significant traffic. Definitely a longer-term strategy.

Short term, if you want to drive traffice, the fastest way is to pay for advertising. You just have to be careful and set strict budgets as it's easy to blow through a lot of cash quickly. You could take a look at Facebook ads, if you haven't already, as those allow you to get super specific in terms of your targeting, if you know exactly what your ideal customer looks like.

> i had setup a facebook page but only 1 like so far :(

Did you promote this? Send it out to all of your friends and family? Ask them to share it with their friends and family?

Unfortunately with websites you really can't take a "if you build it, they will come" type approach these days. There's just way too many other sites and noise out there. I think your site looks nice, and the prices seem reasonable to me.

The appearance of the site and other technical concerns (e.g. page load speed, mobile responsiveness) *do* have some influence on your google rankings, but that's more of something you worry about once you're getting decent traffic to your site. And even then the focus should be on converting that traffic to paying customers as much as possible.

I loved this article from shopify from a while back on How We Built an Ecommerce Business from Scratch and Generated $922.16 in Revenue in 3 Days. They may have written another one or two since then, but that's the one that I recall. The main thing I remember being struck by in that article is how they *hustled*. They got the word out: let friends and family know, posted to relevant forums, posted to instagram, bought facebook ads, and most importantly they measured and tracked all their traffic from those sources and conversions, so they knew where to focus their efforts for round two. Pretty inspiring article, hope it helps!

Recover abandoned carts with Jilt.com
0 Likes
8 0 0

Many thanks for the advise !

I have not try out Facebook ads yet. Im currently utilizing the adword promo instead. perhaps i shall look into this too as my daily budget still unutilized. 

And no, i didn't really promote my facebook to my real life friend's and family. in fact, i dont use social media personally and my friend's network are small, or can consider im anti social =( 
Any suggestions on getting this to work ? I guess i shall use facebook ads anytime soon.

The matcha tea case studies are great. I did read it earlier. I will go through again and try to apply this on my case.

Cheers,
Steven

0 Likes
Pathfinder
188 0 31

Hi Steven,

I totally agree with Justin here, you cannot take the "if you build it, they will come" approach.

1) IMPROVING SITE

You need to work on small things on your site for one. Like the circle with Save $5 is not visible on the upslon product. On one image you seem to have a Chinese word in the image. All these things make the site look dubious IMO.

2) GETTING TRAFFIC

Once you improve your site, try to acquire people from Instagram. How? Use hashtags that get you discovered, those most relevant to your category of products. Increase your traffic.

Try OrangeTwig for this. If you type in a word, it provides you the top hashtags related to it:

All the best!

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
8 0 0

Thanks a lot for suggestion, Karan.

I will try to fix more on my store which im doing now. In midst of migrating to another theme now.

I'll look out on Instagram too. Never use it before but will do further research =)

Any other opinions are welcome 

Many thanks

0 Likes
2 0 0

Same as me :( Did you solve the problem??

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Steven,

Understood your frustrations on concern point.

I would like to give you very honest and reliable solutions to this therefore, I will need some information from your end so that I can provide you free audit report on how we can increase organic traffic & sales to your website.

Questions follow below:

1) Can I have your website URL,Please?

2) Can I have your competitors website URL,Please?

3) May I know your targeted regions Please?

4) Can I have link to your social media pages Please?

Once you help me with the above questionnaire then I can go ahead and find out solutions what best we can do in order to generate the traffic to your website.

I look forward to hearing your response on my requested questionnaire.

Thank you.

With kind regards,

Mark

1 Like
2 0 0

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Naschide ,

Sure, I can help you with it. I will need the following information in order to give you suggestions on how we can increase organic traffic & Conversion to your website.

Questions follow below:

1) Can I have your website URL,Please?

2) Can I have your competitors website URL,Please?

3) May I know what would be your targeted regions Please?

4) Have you ever done any kind of SEO activity on your store.

Once you help me with the above questionnaire then I can go ahead provide you with my suggestions. You can send all this information under PM I will be responding it to you right away :)

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Mark | Google Certified Digital Marketing Expert

0 Likes