£100 discount voucher

Highlighted
22 0 0

how do i advertise my shopify store on facebook and offer facebook users the opportunity to enter a draw where 1 lucky winner will win a £100 discount voucher all they have to do is like and share.

how would i setup the draw and get the voucher to the lucky winner?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 1

It is harder for Facebook than Instagram. Basically, you will have to tell people about it. You can post on Reddit about your drawing. 

Be Discovered Beeureka
0 Likes
Highlighted
22 0 0

im not too familiar with instagram but i know someone who is!

is the fundamental aspect of what im trying to do easily achieved?

im still on free trial at the moment with shopify, i have got 1 more shipment of stock to arrive then i can purchace a plan from shopify and open shop then i will be able to connect my facebook and instagram page with my shop and begin marketing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 1

I did something for a client exactly like what you are doing. It reached over 1000 people on Instagram in the first three days. It is achievable if you do it right, However, for Facebook, it might not reach as many people unless you promote it. Then the sky is the limit. 

Be Discovered Beeureka
0 Likes
Highlighted
22 0 0

thank you for your advice i really appreciate it.

how would you suggest i tackled this.

i have only recently setup a instagram account for my online shop and i have got 0 followers.

i basically want people to sign up to my site and promote/advertise my online shop for the chance to win a £100 discount.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 1

It is easy. Just start a dialogue on Instagram. The more you interact the greater the response you are going to see. By the way what is your url to your store?

Be Discovered Beeureka
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 20 183

Hey Dean,

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. ?

When advertising a giveaway for your store, I would suggest using Facebook groups which are relevant to your niche and like others said Instagram! It can help you build your following on Instagram too, which is important for future marketing. Check out these blog posts: 

There's an app you can use to run your giveaway for you: Gleam Competitions. It can be used to verify actions taken by your users and increase engagement. There's also the ViralSweep app.

I wish you the best of luck with your business launch!

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
22 0 0

i havent purchased a domain yet.

im waiting on a delivery which i need to confirm the quality before i can start selling as i am listing my product as premium quality i must ensure that its up to that standard, then i will purchase a domain and a plan from shopify.

yeh, i think i need a crash course in social media!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
22 0 0

hello Aria, 

Thanks for the reply.

how would you suggest i setup this sort of promotion from the admin side of things.

i know how to create a discount voucher in the admin of shopify but how would you suggest i put the promotion out across social media i.e- '£100 discount voucher for 1 lucky winner picked at random'  all what entrants must do in order to qualify is advertise/promote my store and signup.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 20 183

Hey, Dean.

Aria here! 

There are lots of ways of advertising your giveaway. On Facebook, I'd recommend you join some groups associated with your niche, if possible. Make sure there are a high number of group members before you join. Read the group rules first to make sure it's ok but you can hopefully advertise your giveaway on each group. I'd start a group specific to your store too and drive everyone to that group to enter the giveaway. You can provide details on your group of how to get additional entries by following you on Instagram, tweeting, tagging friends, following your Facebook page. 

On Instagram, you can use #giveaway and other related hashtags to draw people to your contest. This article has more ideas on the best hashtags to use. You can use the same hashtags on Twitter and ask people to retweet to enter. 

You can also reach out to micro-influencers on Instagram to ask them to share your giveaway in exchange for free product, membership in your affiliate programme, etc. This blog post has more information on Influencer Marketing. 

I hope this gives you something to go on. Let me know if you have more questions.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes