1000 visitors in first month, handful sales. Is this growth good or extremely poor?

Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 3

Hi there,

I launched my site www.edgability.com exactly 40 days ago, and have received 1000 visitors (according to Shopify at least) but the conversion has been about a handful only. My questions are:

1. Is this growth rate going on the right track?
  2. Do I need to start pumping heavily into ads? (details given below)
  3. Is there something wrong with my site that my conversions are too low?

I had started my social media activity www.instagram.com/edgability about a couple of months before. But I got my sales only once I started my site. I have only recently started to become vocal on Twitter, otherwise posts were just product updates. Facebook is a gonner for me. 

Google ads have just begun, but still budgeting in double digits. Although, none of my sales came through these and my bounce rate is high via ads, as is the time spent.

I would love to get recommendations especially since I am approaching a major sale season and I want to be prepared for that to optimize all sources!

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

I got similar issue as yours...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
40 0 8

Hi Shehla,

The reason you are witnessing high bounce rate and low time spent via ads is because the people coming through ads are not engaging enough with your products.

The reason for that can be they already have a desired shopping website (Amazon, ZARA etc.) for the type of products (Bags, Shoes, Jewelry) you sell, Trust factor can also be an issue here (they've never heard about you) or you're sending them straightaway to your store and telling them to "Buy Now" (Maybe they lke your product but aren't ready now).

A better way to increase conversions is to send people clicking your ad to an engaging content (an article related to your product). Have them read the article, include a few links to your products in the article as well and below the article ask for their email addresses. (I'll tell you why it's important in a bit)

Now, just asking for their emails doesn't mean that they are gonna give you, so offer them a free ebook (10-15 pages,not long). They already clicked on your ad which shows that they care about your product, so giving them an ebook about the product which they clicked makes sense and will entice them to opt in via an email subscription form to get the ebook.

This way, you can increase your ad conversions significantly. Now you'll argue that you just have an email address, not a sale. I'd say send them 4-5 emails about what you sell, why they need it and a little about you.. then pitch them your product in the 6th email. 

You'll be surprised by the amount of sales you can achieve via email marketing.

I've a free course about ad conversions and building an email list. if you're interested you can sign up for the free course here. It will teach youi everything about converting visitors into customers.

If you have any further marketing related questions, feel free to email me at rahulr3529@gmail.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 3

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the detailed insight. Appreciate your pointers. 

I was wondering though, would people be ok with reading things about fashion products? 4-5 emails before boosting my products may drive them to junk me right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
33 0 0

Facebook marketing can be tricky if you don't niche down your customer segments. You can easily burn your pockets if the ads are not targeting your customer audience. If you already have customer emails (or) leads I would suggest to try out this app(there's a free credit on it) to get your customer interests https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights. Once you know your customer interests then you can segment them appropriately on facebook ad campaign (or) even send the emails out appropriately based on their interests. This can help you to target similar audience.

https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 3

Hi Kishore,

You're right, I'm literally jusst burning money on facebook. Could you elaborate on how customer insights will help me with whatever leads I already have? 

Thanks.

0 Likes