100k+ Facebook likes - Low engagement from followers. - HELP!

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 1

Hi all,

I just want to know a couple simple things.

My facebook page has over 100k likes from users all over the world. I managed this through targeted posts by boosting them. Currently Im not really advertising to new customers as I want to leverage the ones I have. Everytime I put a post about clothing up it can get between 10-50 likes organically even though I have 100k+ likes, which to me is a tad odd. Also everytime I put a post up letting people know Ive just put up another blog post, or that their is a discount code available to use I literally get no response and it reaches barely anyone. The only way I can get people to react to these posts (written ones) is by boosting them to the people who already like my page and then that only gets me a couple of likes.

I want to know what causes this. Every post I put up includes a photo in some way or another. So what causes such low engagement by customers on a page with over 100k likes?

I have also seen on other facebook pages that doing clothing or some form of business page that has a couple million likes get the same low engagement like me and the numbers are pretty much the same and the only difference is that those over pages have several more million likes than me.

I know the old saying is that to make money you have to spend some first and ive done that and in the intial months of my store opening I was making money but now engagement from users is very very low. Now I just want to know how to leverage the likes that I have. Im not looking to really spend any money on this and am looking for a free solution or someway to get a higher engagement from users on facebook that like my page that is essentially free.

Please comment down below! 

Thanks, Conor.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
143 0 13

Have you tried any paid advertising in facebook and targeted just your fans... Did that get any sales?

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free. http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick 3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 1

Yes Ive tried paid advertising thats how I got to over 100k likes! 

I mentioned above that I tried paid advertising to just my fans and it got more of a response but I want a way in which I don't have to keep paying and find a free way which I can increase my fans engagement on posts.

0 Likes