22,000 variants and skus and no orders! HELP!!

Antonio_Vargas
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hey Guys,

I have a awesome website, but I need help marketing the darn thing. I have over 22,000 variants and not even one order.

Check it out

http://www.remixioptics.com

0 Likes
Elena_Ruchko1
28 0 0

Hello Antonio!

To receiver traffic your website needs to be ranked in Google search results for search queries which users are typing when are looking for kind of product you are selling. Currently your wesbite doesn't have any positions in Google search results. It happens for the following reasons:

1) There is no external links which lead to your website. Ideally, you should have lots of backlinks from different resources which refer to your website as a store selling optics. This links should feature word combination which more or less coincide with the keywords you would like your store to be ranked in the search results.

2)  Your website pages should also be optimized for your target keywords. It involves webpage texts, titles, etc. This will improve your rankings signigicantly.

3) Text duplicates. Text which is placed on your website is duplicated by other web sources. The more such duplicate issues your website has, the lower rankings it receives. The same goes for website internal technical optimization. The healthier the site is, the better rankings it receives. 

4) Unsufficient website indexation: it seems to me also that your website is not indexed by search engines in full. You store is large, however, there are only 973 pages in Google index. 

My company specializes exactly in ecommerce store online promotion so you can feel free to contact us for free SEO audit of your website. You can write me a message to e.ruchko@promodo.com and I will help you get in touch with the right person. 

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! 

Regards, Elena 

http://experts.shopify.com/promodo
0 Likes
AJ_Matthews
Tourist
17 0 3

I cant get to your store, if you like you can send me a link and I can give you a few pointers.

0 Likes
Patrick_Attenbo
7 0 0

Hello Antonio,

Online marketing can sometimes be a very difficult part of operating an online store. The easiest way to start bringing traffic into your store is going to be for you to let the world know about remixoptics.com. To begin, find some popular forums that relate to the products you are selling. For example, if you were selling movies in your store, post in some movie forums. Join conversations and become a respected part of a number of communities. After you feel comfortable, you can begin to tell people about your store and posting it to people you have met in the forums. Offer them discounts if they refer your store to friends, and give them a reason to buy from you again! Treat every potential customer with respect, and they will respect you back. 

Another great way to jump into marketing is to get onto popular social media sites such as Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, etc. Create a Twitter account and start following people who have interests related to what you are selling. Give every new follower a discount code. Create short, humorous YouTube videos of different topics that all advertise your store. Focus on different sets of keywords that people will search that are related and would bring in the demography of customers you are looking for. If you have some extra money, and are serious about launching your store, invest in Facebook advertising. Facebook will place ads specifically to people in your demography based on their likes and interests. This way you are advertising directly to your target audience and your investment will go a long way.

Hope I was helpful, let me know how it goes!

-Patrick

0 Likes
Tom_and_Juli
Explorer
48 0 9

Shop unavailable - classic...

0 Likes
Felicia_Nguyen
Shopify Partner
28 1 10

You might want to check the link: I can't get to your shop, it throws a "server IP address could not be found" error.

Felicia Nguyen | Content Executive
Eggflow.com - Free-plan Shopify apps for increasing traffic and conversion.
Eggflow Fan page - Like us for our latest content and update.
My Quora page - Ask me anything!
0 Likes
Tom_and_Juli
Explorer
48 0 9
This is an old plea - many shops go bust..

Tom
0 Likes