500 visitors by using social influencer but still no sales!

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

I sent a product to a social influencer who showcased my product on their latest You Tube video (we sell on trend Italian leather handbags). This has resulted in 500 visitors to my page in the past 3 days but I still have had no sales! 

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and/or what is wrong with my products and website that is stopping me from getting sales?

Website is www.elearia.com

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like
Tourist
53 0 1

Relying to one source only isn't enough! Also your website is still has no Alexa rank, this means you need more hard work to do to make Spike Sales.

Marketing plan & Optimization Methods as follow:

1. Create and submit New Video about your business.
  2. Social media submission.
  3. Guest posting submission.
  4. Press Release writing + submission.
  5. Citation optimization by submitting your business to local directories Listings.
  6. Product or Service promotion worldwide.
  7. Email Marketing submission.
  8. Genuine content writing for new posts or new pages.
  9. Influencer Marketing (Radio and podcast business mention).
  10. Building quality Backlinks for your website.

Hope this help :)

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi there,

when working with influencers, it's paramount that their following is a good match to your target audience. Sounds obvious, I know - just pointing it out because it's often hard to judge at first sight.

A piece of advice: Try working with a set of small to mid-sized influencers instead of only a single larger one. This has a broad roster advantages, such as higher engagement rates, stronger connection between influencer and following, bigger authenticity, fewer fake followers, higher conversion rates,...

Also, when your main aim for an influencer campaign is to generate sales, it's generaly a good idea to throw in a bit of scarcity / urgency. For example: Issue personalised discount codes to the influencers you're working with. Codes are only valid TODAY, THIS WEEK, etc. This not only allows you to track which Influencer performed best in terms of sales generated on channels such as Instagram but typically increases conversion as the Influencer is sharing access to a unique deal that is only available for a limited time.

linkr allows you to setup campaigns as the one mentioned in the example above and many more - integrated with your Shopify store - and find the right set of influencers to execute it.

Hope this helps ;-)
Bernhard

0 Likes
Tourist
42 0 2

Hi, Jas Dhindsa

You have a marketer here. I think your problem is a lot more than the social influencer. Please remember, social influencers only help you to show your item in front of the customers. The content they use makes customers interact and go to your site. It is your site that makes the customers buy!

I see that there is a lot of problem with your site

Homepage

Hero banner in a Fashion eCommerce store homepage is like the show window in Fashion offline store. It's better you place some feature items on it, with a Call to action button so that people can take action right away

Next, the collection. Wait! Why three blocks link to 1 common link? You have many categories. I suggest you create 3 blocks on home page and link to 3 top categories.

Finally, Instagram. No! You provide a way for people to exit your site right on the homepage. It's not good. I suggest that you place a video "Storytelling" block in that place, people love to here story and video make them more engaged

About-us page

I think your about-us page is a little bit boring and has little information about you! About us page play the role of making your customer believe in you and engage with you, so that, it should have more information and be more interesting. I suggest that you examine some Shopify about us example to see what you should do

Product page

Product page, I think, is the most important page. Your product page is a little bit weak to convert a user to a customer

When shopping online, people are fearful of a lot of things. They fear of being deceived or receive a product that they do not actually like it. So you should add some elements to remove that fear

• You should add customers review to show that other people also like it
  • Add some trust badge to increase your trustworthy, it's a good point
  • Add a link to shipping & return policy pages. So people will know that they can return if the product is not as expected

You can also add some elements that push people to buy. For example, for the discount or most feature items:

• Add a countdown clock to indicate that discount time is running out
  • Add a running-out-of-stock for feature/discount items

Customer may feel that the item is not really suitable when taking a closer look. You can add "Similar item" section and "People-also-like item" section to avoid customer from dropping out of your site.

My suggestion is that you learn about what element may make your Shopify site convert more. It is better that you prepare a strong website before paying money to pull the traffic.

Hope it really helps :)

Brand assistance @ DRT.com
1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Guys,

I just launched my first e-site and drive traffic to the site by facebook, I am still in the mist of trying out - therefore I didnt try other channels yet. I do have about 10-20 people on my site - but they only view the first page and then are gone. I need some feedback on whats wrong with my page cause I cant really see the fault.

www.Fred-Barneys.de

Please feedback

0 Likes
Explorer
254 0 21

Eileen,

You have a really cute website. I like it a lot :) 

Ok, back to the possible issue. Did you look at Google Analytics data and Facebook Ads Manager data? It starts from targeting the rigth audience because if you sell for Germany, but target to Tanzania there won't be any sales.

Shopify has a great article about Google Analytics setup https://help.shopify.com/manual/reports-and-analytics/google-analytics

Cheers,

Tony

Build Shopify Landing page with PageFly App - bit.ly/learn-pagefly
1 Like
Explorer
254 0 21

Jas Dhindsa,

Looking at one of your product page like the below I see the information is basic. Do you have any video or customers review? It'd definitely affect on the Page On Time of users and they stay longer and look carefully at your goods.

About Us page might be improved as well with your photo or the photo of your store (if you have the offline address).

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks a lot :) I like it too :)

I am only targeting Germany and narrowed it down to interest, ages and specific areas.

I think my page isnt good enough! :(

I will check out generating traffic through google.

0 Likes
Explorer
254 0 21

Eileen Garcia,

For Google first of all make sure that you have done SEO onsite. Backlink website has a good inforgraphic explaining things to optimize on your website https://backlinko.com/on-page-seo

As for the product page just take a look at https://www.sellersmith.com/blogs/shopify/infographic-the-perfect-anatomy-of-product-page-for-shopif...

Cheers,

Tony

0 Likes
Tourist
27 0 3

Jas,

There are a few things to consider about social influencers and generating sales from them.

1) The very first thing to consider is that utilizing social inflluencers is more about exposure and brand building then it is about generating sales. If you are sales focused, you are basically asking an influencers audience to buy from a business they have never heard of before. Unless they are a huge influencer like Oprah Winfrey, sales isn't going to be pouring in.

2) While it's great you got 500 visitors from the influencer, in the grand scheme of things its not a lot. Consider out of of all your site visitors, how many of them turn into purchasers? Basically this is your conversion rate.

Hope that helps.

Digital Marketing Strategist
0 Likes