90% traffic drop after deletion of a local domain of my site that redirected to .com domain. why?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey,

I launched my website with a .se domain 2017. I then decided to change my domain to .com and put a 301 redirect from my .se domain to my .com domain a few months later. In January I decided that I want my website to target the international market so I removed the 301 redirects from my .se domain to my .com domain.

These redirects were made in the Shopify platform.

When I removed my 301 redirects from my .se domain to my .com domain in January this year, my .se website was basically with a “Under construction “sign for 2-3 weeks”. Since it was not redirecting anything.

I then realized that my organic traffic started to decrease week by week on my .com domain and I then put back the 301 redirect from my .se domain to my .com domain.

But I still have not seen any increase in my traffic, 90% of organic traffic is gone.

I checked my .se domain backlinks and found out that I do not have any. But I know which sites have the backlinks from se domain and they are still there.

Its been over 1 month now since I put back the 301 redirects from my .se domain to .com domain but still no traffic increase. Will I recover?

0 Likes
Highlighted

It seems technical issue that affects to your SEO. I guess you have to hire the developer to fixed technical issue. 

Once the technical issue fixed, you have to start the SEO from the scratch to regain more organic traffic.

0 Likes