A LOT of add to carts BUT no Sales :(

Highlighted
43 0 0

mavile66

I'm in the same boat. I've also had my store up for 2 months and no sales. I had a high amount of traffic and abandoned carts.

When you get that email can you forward it to me horse1971@live.com

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

sure thing Karin, same you, whoever gets it first please forward, :)

1 Like
Highlighted
13 0 0

Hi Luis,

can you please forward that email to john@soundplace.com.au

thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hey Frizurd, since you obviously received it, would you mind forwarding the email so we all get better at this :) many thanks marcelo@soogp.net

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Louis,

Hi.  I would also like a copy of your email tips.  Sorry to do this to you, since I know you've been hit with many similar requests.  But such is the price for dangling the gift in front of us, but not making it immediately available.  :-)

Regards,

Duncan

admin@rtfm-kitchen.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Please send me the email too, upgradeyourselfonline@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Luis,

I would like to see the e-mail as well if you don't mind.  You can send to: info@followmeeverywhere.com.

Thank you,

Jarl

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

First off, it is a great sign that people are adding items to your kart. It means you are doing something right.  keep at it and dont get discouraged:) 

The first 2 things I would look into now if you haven't already are the following:

1.  Have you tried going through and ordering a product yourself to see what the flow is like and to make sure it all works well on both a desk top and a phone?  Maybe there is something in the checkout process that isn't setup correctly or that is difficult for customers.

2.  If it checks out just fine, are you charging anything for shipping?  If you are it is ok, but it could be why some abandon the cart.  A good way to test is to either try lowering or removing  the shipping cost and seeing how it goes, or you can send abandoned cart emails with a free shipping code and see if that helps.  

The other advice given here is great too. 

Good luck!  -Mike

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
59 0 11

Great site and overall design.

With that said...

Your main competition is Amazon. A simple search for anime clothing is almost an exact clone of your site.

What people are likely doing as others have said is they just trust amazon more. So, sure you got them to your site but because they are already comfortable with amazon already... And 2-day shipping. It's a tough niche business to compete in.

I ask potential clients if the product(s) they are trying to sell is already is on Amazon and has decent reviews... Don't bother trying to make your own online store as it will only lead to heartache and misery.

I know this is brutal news to hear, but this is the truth that more e-com owners need to hear.

Also, a free tip I recommend to everyone. Do not start an e-commerce store if you don't have the funds and patience for the long game.

If you can harden yourself for this reality then you may do alright. (or you might not)

Also, ask some low level youtubers that you follow to promote your site.  You may have to give them some free loot.

Matt - Creative Director - Need a brutal review of your site? Sign up for our $100 plan of action review of your site. - Clear Space Media - https://www.clearspace.media
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Here's one abandon cart i created recently after ordering a tee shirt.

The store send me an email to remind me that I may have forgotten to checkout.

I asked if they have a less expensive shipping option ie. via regular airmail.

Unfortunately haven't gotten a reply yet.

0 Likes