Add Gender to FB Product?

JohnnyW
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi, 

I want to run dynamic ads that will select the right product for Male or Female.  I believe FB states to do that we need to have Gender data for all products.  I'm not sure how I can input that data.  Does anyone know how we can add that data from Shopify side? I use Flexify to port all my products over to FB catalog, but I also don't see an option for Gender.  Thanks in advanced!

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 3.01.03 PM.png

HazeGrayMark
Tourist
23 0 1

I have good luck just applying tags to products right in the shopify store, and then I set up collections for them (ladies apparel = every product that contains the tags: women or whatever...)

Now you have collections you can market to do.

0 Likes
Richard_James
Tourist
9 1 14

I'd be interested to hear a solution for this too.

Richard_James
Tourist
9 1 14

@HazeGrayMark 

When I've looked at syncing between Flexify and FB, I get mismatching counts of products. For example, handle = mens I see 39 in flexify (all the products are enabled for FB as a channel), but only 33 items are sycing into the FB product group. Also the product groups are being filtered using something called retailer ID, which I cannot see in the RSS feed.

Any ideas on what worked for you let me know. 

  

33 items in FB product group set.png

39 mens products in collection .png

Store collection mens retailer ID filter.png

Richard_James
Tourist
9 1 14

@JohnnyW 

I'm looking at doing this using a CSV overwrite: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/using-csv#get-a-sample-csv-file. You can download a example CSV from here with gender column

I just need flexify to confirm if overwriting Google Shopping / Gender will populate the gender field in Facebook

Rich

0 Likes
catrawalkar
2 0 0

I added 2 collections for mens and womens apparels. Can you guide me what to do next? How to pull these 2 separately in Facebook Catalogues or how to get gender field based on collection?

0 Likes
catrawalkar
2 0 0

I added 2 collections for mens and womens apparels. Can you guide me what to do next? How to pull these 2 separately in Facebook Catalogues or how to get gender field based on collection?

0 Likes