Add To Cart - Facebook Pixel not firing

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

when people add items to their cart my Facebook Pixel is not firing this event. 

When the initiate checkout, the Facebook Pixel catches up again.

I already read some posts in this community and every time they talk about the "ajax-cart-template.liquid". I don't have that liquid either. I wanted to add the "addtocart" event manually but don't seem to find the path of my cart pages to paste it into the <body> section. 

Additional information:

I have plugins installed like

"Sticky AddToCart"

or Upsell Plugins like "Candy Rack – One Click Upsell"

and "Best Custom Product Options by Relentless"

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @bjobar

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about the 'AddToCart' event on your pixel, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

In order to help investigate this further, can you please confirm how you added your pixel to your Shopify site? Did you code the pixel in, or add it to the 'Online Store > Preferences'  section of your admin by following these steps

Also, what theme are you using at the moment? You can find the name of your theme under 'Online Store > Themes'  in your admin.

If your theme has a pop out cart, or a 'drawer' cart, this could be why the event is not firing. These cart styles don't exist as their own page, but instead, they appear on the side of the site and can be popped open and close, without the page switching, or the URL changing. Due to this, the 'AddToCart' event may not fire when using this type of cart.

However, depending on which theme you're using, you may be able to edit the cart to be a 'page' style instead. To check if this is the case, open your Shopify admin and click on 'Online Store > Themes'  and select 'Customize'  on your live theme. In the theme editor, click 'Theme Settings'  at the top lefthand side of the page. Then, if you see a 'Cart'  section, select this. In this section, check to see whether your theme offers the ability to switch the cart from a pop out/'drawer' to a 'page' style instead. If so, please go ahead and make this change. Once that's done, you can follow these steps to test your pixel again to see if the 'AddToCart' event fires correctly. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes. If you're still having troubles, just reply to me here with the name of your theme and your store's URL and I'll be glad to take a closer look on my end. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

This is quite strange that you are not getting Add to cart recorded into your Fb pixel.
Just want to ask you that have you installed the pixel by hard coding it into your theme file or have you installed it from "Online Store >> Preferences"

Because if you will install it by hard coding, then you will have to do it for all your files but if you go for installing from preferences setting, then Add to cart always gets recorded.

Thanks

CedCommerce | Digital Marketing Services

Digital Marketing Analyst
E-mail: asthaupadhyay@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your answers.

So I am using the Debut Theme. I have made a couple of own tweaks to it and gone into the code.

When it comes to the pixel I installed it under "Online Store > Preferences".

Regardings this: "In the theme editor, click 'Theme Settings' at the top lefthand side of the page. Then, if you see a 'Cart' section, select this."

I dont see a "Cart" Section - but I know that when I add something to my cart it redirects me to another page. Not a pop up or similar. The only popup there is on selected products once you add them it shows a notification in the top right corner.

Now it says that Facebook registered 1 AddToCart within the last 7 days when Shopify registered more than 20 - My main traffic is from Facebook Marketing Ads so this is still broken I would say.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Hello,

Please provide us your website url so that i can check and tell you exact issue.

thanks

CedCommerce | Digital Marketing Services

Digital Marketing Analyst
E-mail: asthaupadhyay@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@AsthaUpadhyay wrote:

Hello,

Please provide us your website url so that i can check and tell you exact issue.

thanks

Hello AsthaUpadhyay,

thanks for taking the time.

The website is: www.jubela.de 

The thing is that I edited the code from time to time myself to fit to my needs. I have basic html/coding knowledge so I was able to change some stuff without help. Now it comes back haunting me ^^ 

Kind regards

0 Likes