Add To Cart - Facebook Pixel not firing

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @Raphael546

Thanks for following up on this and sharing these additional details. 

I just checked out your site using the URL you shared in your previous reply. On this product page, I was able to see the 'ViewContent' event tracked correctly with my Facebook Pixel Helper. You mentioned that you're using an app currently which is allowing these events to be tracked. So, I wanted to confirm if you're able to see the 'ViewContent' event on this page on your end with this app installed, too? Equally, if you remove this app from your site, does the 'ViewContent' event still appear on your end when visiting a product page? 

Can you also please confirm which theme you're using on your site? You can find this information in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes'

Thank you for completing that additional troubleshooting on a duplicate theme copy, too. With this information in mind, it does sound like the issue may be coming from the customized product page template. To confirm, are you using this template to offer additional product options? If so, you may want to consider using an app for this feature instead, and reverting your product template back to normal so that the events on your Facebook pixel are tracked correctly. However, if you would like to keep the customized product page template, you may need to use a third-party app to track pixel events moving forward, or reach out to Shopify Experts to see if your pixel can be added to your theme's code instead. 

You mentioned that reverting your product page template didn't resolve the issues with the pixel firing, and that the pixel actually stopped firing permanently. To confirm, did you test this in a new browser window with a cleared cache? Or, did you try removing the pixel from the 'Online store > Preferences' section of your admin and re-adding it, before testing this again? 

In the meantime, I'm also interested to hear if @AsthaUpadhyay has any suggestions regarding this?

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey @Rae ,

I deinstalled the app last tuesday the 9th, the View Content Events were still showing even after deinstalling it. That problem seems to be resolved.

During the time I had the app installed, all of my PUR events were doubled, likely because the app tracked the event on top of the facebook pixel under the preferences section. I deinstalled the app because of that, and the problem seemed to be resolved. Wednesday, I had the right amount of PUR events again. But for some reason, it started to duplicate events again yesterday. The app is still deinstalled, nothing changed in that regard.

For some reason I also have uneven purchase events, which shouldn't be possible if all of my purchase events were counted double. So either the pixel only doubled certain PUR events, or, what I consider more likely, the PUR events weren't doubled the whole time. If the second theory is correct, the events would have to have been doubled again starting yesterday, and would have to have stopped at some time today. I am really confused as to how that's possible.

I'll include some screenshots of my ads manager from wednesday, thursday and friday.

As to your other questions, I use the standard Debut theme, and I didn't test whether reverting the customization and clearing the cache would solve the problem. But considering that it is now tracking too many events, that's probably not relevant anymore :/

Anyways, thank you for your help Rae! I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Raphael

wednesdaywednesdaythursdaythursdayfridayfriday

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Update: the events went back to normal after those 2 days, now it works again perfectly. I don't really know how or why, but I am not going to complain either ;)

Thank you for your help @Rae, I think the problem is solved now.

Best regards,

Raphael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @Raphael546

Thanks for this update. I'm glad to hear this issue has been resolved, and the events are being tracked as expected now. 

It's possible that the events were being tracked twice due to the third-party app that was downloaded on your site. If the app was coded into your site, uninstalling it may not have stopped the events from being duplicated either, as the app's coding would have remained on your theme. 

However, it sounds like the events are being tracked correctly now, so I hope this data remains correct moving forward. If you happen to notice any duplicate events in the future, I recommend reaching out to the developers of the app you were using for more information on how their app works, and if this app could cause the events to be tracked twice. To contact the app developers about this directly, please follow these steps

If there's anything else you need a hand with, please let me know. I'm happy to help! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Rae, 

My website link is https://ethikoforyou.com/

I believe that my Add to Cart pixel is not firing and my add to carts and purchases are almost equal. I cant be having such an awesome conversion rate!

I have installed it using the Shopify preferences. I am currently using the Brooklyn theme and the cart is actually a drawer? Is this causing the problem? Should I change it to a page?

Also, how do I check if the pixel is firing or not?

regards

Sonia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @Ethiko

Thanks for jumping in with these questions. 

I just checked out your site on my end, and it does look like you're currently using a 'drawer' cart. I recommend looking over this information on 'drawer' carts, and the 'AddToCart' pixel event that I shared previously in this thread:

If your theme has a pop out cart, or a 'drawer' cart, this could be why the event is not firing. These cart styles don't exist as their own page, but instead, they appear on the side of the site and can be popped open and close, without the page switching, or the URL changing. Due to this, the 'AddToCart' event may not fire when using this type of cart.

However, with this information in mind, when I viewed your site on my end, the 'AddToCart' event did fire correctly with the 'drawer' cart in use, according to Facebook's Pixel Helper tool. When you use this tool on your end, does the event fire correctly? Additionally, are there any other factors - aside from the conversion rate - that are leading you to believe the event isn't firing on your site?  

If you'd like to test this further with the different cart style options, you can absolutely switch the cart on your Brooklyn theme to a 'page' style instead. To do this, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin. 
  2. Click on 'Online Store > Themes'
  3. Select 'Customize' beside your Brooklyn theme to open up the Theme Editor. 
  4. In the Theme Editor, click 'Theme Settings'
  5. Select the 'Cart' option. 
  6. Change the cart style from a 'drawer' to a 'page' cart here. 
  7. Click 'Save'

Then, you'll be able to visit your live site, add a product into your cart, and test out your Facebook pixel by following these steps, or using Facebook's Pixel Helper

Please keep me posted on how this goes! 

0 Likes