Adding tracking pixel(s) to product (NOT store/checkout) pages

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Shopify community,

I'm currently trying to conduct some conversion performance tests on which ad platform is best for our company. I want to track which ad set is bringing in the most visits (I need more detail from just the referrals from social sites).

Previously when I've put tracking pixels from Google and Facebook Ads, the tracking has been for either: hits to the homepage or the completed checkouts.

When I spoke to a Shopify support rep, there are two options (he admitted that both he and others in support haven't seen this):

1) In the product page:

• go to the specific product from the product collection page
  • in the "description" section head to the '< >' button of the dialog box
  • insert the pixel code there

2) In the store theme:

• create an actual template for the product in the themes section

Has anyone tried either of the above? Any other suggestions out there for tacking the traffic for a specific product?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'd love to get the answer for this as well. We have it installed to track all website visitors from the header, as well as conversions from the check out page, but we need to be able to run retargeting based on specific product pages.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 2

I would love to know this as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1665 52 192

https://docs.shopify.com/themes/liquid-documentation/objects/template

{%if template == 'product'%}
do specific use case stuff
{% endif %}

If it's for a specific product inside the above code match against the handle or id's

{% if product.handle == 'product-of-interest' %}
do specific stuff
{% endif %}

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
52 0 1

Nice to see all the comments. Shopify provides the best services as mentioned above, by which you can target to your visitors. Apart from this, you can also go with CPC and PPC for getting more traffic in your website.

http://nationkart.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Paul:  Do you know if it is possible to do this with the indiividual collection the product was purchased from??

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1665 52 192

collection the product was purchased from

Steve: purchased? this topic is not about checkout/thank-you pages. Start a new topic elswhere Or clarify your question to be on topic.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Shopify facebook pixel app will help you on this, this app tells you exactly what’s working and what’s not and give you the flexibility to control your pixel and very helpful to run targeted ad campaign.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

You can set up a Custom Conversion in your Facebook ads account, for a View Content action where the product id is the specific one you want.

0 Likes