Advertising Traffic Not Converting

TheHerbanShaman
2 0 0

We are driving traffic to our site with an online wellness website. The website is driving about 500 unique and relevant visitors a day to our site. 
However, the visits are not converting. Any idea why? 
It seems like we should be converting 1% to 2% of visits.
I'd like some constructive criticism. What are your thoughts? 
Not enough reviews?
Website look and feel?
Products priced too high? 
What about bots? Do you think the visits are bots and not real traffic? (I could not find session duration time as an analytics in the Shopify backend. )
Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Danishecom
Excursionist
209 6 18

herban there could be many factors to drive traffic but you have to identify why they re not convert some factor mention below
1, not enough means not enough trust add a review first
2 yes you have to see how should your website look like especially your product page example jewelry type jewelry website design differently than other product pages. example 1 product store, niche type store, the general type of store.
3 you have to see what price is best some time we down the price and see the response of buyer do it if you not go into losing.
4 there are not 500 bots in a day may be below than 10 bots that come on your site that's not the reason.
5 check all these problems with 1 app called Lucky Orange

0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @TheHerbanShaman How are you doing?

I am Johnny, an experienced and professional shopify developer and digital marketer.

I have assessed your store perfectly and as I must admit that you have the basic knowledge of what can be the likely cause of the issues you've mentioned such as the reviews (which thus actually helps in getting more traffic conversion). 

As for the website feel and look, I don't see something bad about the layout and design. The only thing I recommend that you optimize in that aspect is that you add CTA like "BUY NOW, SHIOP NOW" under every products to call traffic attention.

Considering the products' prices, I will only say that you have the best idea of what the production cost you and only you can decide that. I see value in what you do/sell as the most important thing.

Marketing wise, I advice you that you switch to a new marketing strategy. You said the analytics in the shopify can't record the session, that means that something is wrong somewhere.
I also look at all your social links and I can see that they are all pretty fresh. The Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest are having few followers which you seriously need to work on and establish your brand on social media.

Try sales funnel to convert more traffic to loyal and returning customers too. It helps.

Do you find these useful and helpful? Kindly mark as solution and Like.

Do you work on these, have detailed solution, or need marketing help for your store? Contact me. 
Goodluck.

0 Likes
Rosa4eva
Tourist
4 0 2

I need help, I am getting alot of traffic but I don't see too many sales. Just spending so much money in ads.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I have no experience in online store. Please help. Thanks 

0 Likes

Hey @TheHerbanShaman,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

I took a look through your store and it looks very professional and trustworthy. I thought the prices were good, shipping is fast and has very reasonable rates. One thing I would add to shipping is an estimated time of delivery on standard shipping:

herbal-shipping.png

I can't say for sure because I haven't seen your ads but I'm guessing you aren't reaching your target audience. You only ship to the United States so depending on how you are targeting, this could be an issue of visitors coming to the site who is outside of the USA. We did a video on our recommended ad strategy that'd I'll leave here for you to watch. Hopefully these tips will help you reach your intended audience and provide you with sales:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
Danishecom
Excursionist
209 6 18

Let me know how can i help you out there is many factor share with me some details please so i can dig out and know whats going on

0 Likes
Rosa4eva
Tourist
4 0 2

Ok thank you for replying.  I think I have to learn a little bit more how to target people. I will watch your video. I also trying to get customers from Canada, but they always have problem finalizing the sales.  Also the shipping is to expensive, so I am losing few customers.  I don't think it is any problem to check out because I had a few sales from US and there is not a problem.  Thank you so much 

@Rosa4eva,

I'm in Canada, I could check out your website from a Canadian's perspective. You can post your website URL in the Feedback on my Store forum, tag me (@ecomgeeks) in it and I'll review your store.

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
Rosa4eva
Tourist
4 0 2
0 Likes
Danishecom
Excursionist
209 6 18

redesign your store is not look professional. checkout logo and another website layout. and you re not using apps that help to drive sales so many things re missing fix them then able to get sales on your store. 

0 Likes