Advice on Instagram Marketing?

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi guys,

I'm starting out my business instagram account, and I am struggling to get significant followers and likes to convert traffic into sales on my website.

Any beginner's advice on how to start out with instagram for ecommerce marketing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
653 21 222

Hey,

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. ?

To get organic traffic to your Instagram account, utilize hashtags! You can use up to 30 hashtags on each post. I'd recommend you put them in the first comment, rather than the post title. That way, they will come up in searches but won't look as spammy. They will get hidden when more people start to comment. If you're unsure which tags to use, check out what your competitors are using. 

Speaking of competitors, target their followers! Spend about an hour a day going to pages belonging to your competitor's followers and like a couple of their photo's. You'll find some of them start following you. 

You can find lots more tips about growing your Instagram following in our blog posts. I particularly like this post. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see a link to a free Instagram webinar:

Our podcasts have inspiring stores from successful entrepreneurs. Check out Pulling off a $10k Instagram Launch (Without Any Automation or Ad Spend).

I wish you the best of luck with your growth! We're always here for support if you need anything else. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 2

You can try these tips out, I'm learning Instagram marketing on a free course https://www.boostflow.com/advanced-instagram-course. Well, it's quite useful to look deep at every angle of Instagram. I've been using Instagram for a while but reading this really makes me feel I'm just a dumbass...

I'll sum up a bit for you here

1.Create mind-blowing Instagram Stories

Work with Instagram Stories, you’ll have a great chance to get more visibility on Instagram and give your potential followers more real-time content to consume. That is, Instagram Stories give your followers images and footages that may not often make it to your feed. You also don’t need to add a chunk of text or captions since the amount of time it lasts. Furthermore, you can get the most out of your storytelling skills to create compelling Instagram stories, which your audiences love most.

Here are some of the best ideas that many businesses have applied:

• Show the latest news about your products like trends, updates, and new arrivals.
  • Promote time-limited sales like last-minute offers. This is a smart strategy often used by online clothing retailers.
  • Offer giveaways and discount coupons.
  • Host an Instagram takeover.
  • Use lists and countdowns. For example, you can create top 10 picks by seasons or top 10 best-selling items.
  • Provide free tips and tricks about how to use your products.
  • Unveil the behind-the-scenes content using the storytelling technique. For example, cake shops show how their cakes are made or clothing retailers show their stocks with fans.
  • Introduce an event like an anniversary, and a tradeshow that your followers (both existing and potential) can attend.

You can use tools such as Easil, Unfold, Spark Post to craft your unique Instagram stories.

2. Get your content displayed on the Explore page

When it comes to becoming successful on Instagram Explore page, many businesses often think about awesome contents, powerful call-to-action buttons, hashtags, and the like. These are undoubtedly necessary in all cases. But if you want to acquire more followers and optimize the viral “network effect” of Instagram Explore page, you should take a further step. More specifically, collaborate with Instagram accounts, especially influencers, who have a massive following.

If your post directly relates to an influencer’s account with a high following, remember to tag or mention them in your post or in the comments. Avoid tagging random accounts though - that is one quick way to mark your account as spam!

3. Save your best Stories into Highlights

Whenever a potential customer visits your Instagram profile, you’re given a very short period of time to convince them to follow you. One of the great ways to do this is by using the Highlights feature.

Highlights are like movie trailers for your Instagram feed. You can use the feature to group and save the important content from your Instagram stories. By showing off your business, your potential followers may have more reasons to hit the “follow” button.

Additionally, since Stories have a 24-hour lifespan, it’s better to organize your Stories into Highlights. The reason is that highlights don’t have any time limit. They stay for an unlimited amount of time until you remove them manually.

You can organize them into categories:

• Highlight products or collections
  • Highlight based on audience or interest
  • Highlight tutorials or how-to’s
  • Highlight your influencers and partners
  • Highlight your events and campaigns
  • Highlight your reviews

4. Interact with the Instagram community

• Like and comment on other posts
  • Partner with other brands or influencers
  • Optimize the Reshare feature
  • Instagram to other social accounts sharing trick using IFTTT
  • Promote your Instagram contests on other social networks
  • Take your Facebook page’s About tabs as your advantage

Hope you'll have better luck on Instagram :D

1 Like
Highlighted

The information provided is really helpful. As i am unaware of some facts that the above information covered. Thanks for this valuable information.

X Crypto Market - https://xcryptomarket.com - Buy Sell Products and Services using 50+ Crypto Currencies
0 Likes