Affiliate link tracking help!

3 0 0

Hi, i currently have a single domain shop on shopify www.darrenandphillip.com but am getting a sub domain and 2nd store set up for international sales. 

We currentl generate our sales via affiliates sending customers to our page from social media using a affilaiyte link. Will the affiliate link still track the affilaite sales if the site geo locates and send to international website? 

Any information on apps i need to use for my affiliate marketing that will enable tracking across multi shopify stores.

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 2

When an affiliate link is clicked, the affiliate info is passed through the URL's query string. As long as the query string stays in tact when the user is redirected over to appropirate domain, the affiliate tracking should stay in place. You also need to make sure you have the affiliate network tracking pixel loaded on the new site to track conversions. Does this help?

Steve

PromoPrep.com : Intuitive Promotion Planning Software
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Steve, 

Thank you very much for the reply. I supose it helps but not really as it is a little over my head. 

I use a app called affiliatly and not sure if this is what you would say is the pixel? What is the best app or prgram to uswe to track affiliate sales from specific links assigned to each affiliate?

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 2

Yes, in this case if you are using affiliatly and have that loaded onto your Shopify store that will track the affiliate sales. However, when the geolocation happens and the users is sent to the appropriate site, you just need to make sure the affiliate code at the end of the URL stays in tact. So, if your affiliate is using the link to your website like this: http://example.com/?aff=my-favorite-affiliate then this portion needs to stay at the end of the URL when your website loads: ?aff=my-favorite-affiliate

Without seeing how this functions, I am not able to say for sure if what you have setup will work - but hopefully that gives you more direction. 

I have not worked with Affiliatly before, but it seems to be an adequate way to track affiliate revenue. There are many others out there, but if this is working for you, I'd stick with it. 

Steve

PromoPrep.com : Intuitive Promotion Planning Software
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Connect with RR linx Shopify affiliate tracking app it will provide you link management solution. While using this app it is easy for you to manage your links efficiently and you will also be able to identify organic and paid traffic resources with accuracy.

0 Likes

You can go to the second page that you are creating use the inspect function of the Google chrome and see if the code from the application is there. 

Other option to see if the affiliate link fires with any purchase on the new subdomain is to simply follow the affiliate link and do a test sale. 

If it works properly, you should be able to see the sale attributed. 

Does this help? 

0 Likes