Allowing customers to opt back in to Accept Marketing

Brandy_Kerr
3 0 0

Anyone know how to allow a customer to opt back into accepting marketing emails? 

I performed a test on my personal email account by opting in through the newsletter sign up feature on our homepage which worked fine. Then I opted out through the unsubscribe button on a marketing email which worked as well. But now I can't figure out how to opt back in. 

I tried signing up for the newsletter again via the homepage, but that did not work. 

Anyone run into this and have a workaround? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, Brandy.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Are you using a third-party to connect your email subscriptions to Shopify? If so, which one?

Here's some more information about unsubscribing from MailChimp, for example. 

If you're wondering more about removing data from the Shopify platform, this sounds like it might be linked to customer accounts

1. How to disable a customer account
  2. Invite customers to create accounts

Let us know some more info about the flow that you're using and we can go from there! Feel free to share some screenshots of the example process you went through and hopefully we can help you troubleshoot here.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Brandy_Kerr
3 0 0

Hey Max, I'm using Hubspot. 

0 Likes
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, Brandy!

Max, again. It looks like you'd need to address some of the settings within HubsSpot. It looks like their unsubscribe process is one that adds unsubscribed emails to a list and prevents them from being added again.

I'd suggest looking for a workaround from HubSpot directly, or create a signature in your emails to indicate a need to manually re-subscribe. Or perhaps offer this info on a FAQ page online as well!

I hope that helps point you in the right direction!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Brandy_Kerr
3 0 0

Hi Max, it's actually not registering in Shopify, which is then not passing along to Hubspot. Do you think this is possibly a technical error? 

0 Likes