Am I using FB ads correctly?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello everyone,

My e-shop has been up for about a month now, I ran $5 PPE ads on Facebook, I had good engagement but no traffic at all, I don't even talk about sales. Also, I don't have any e-mail list or big fans on social networks yet to target.

I targeted women's who in various fashion interests + interests related to the product + engaged shoppers/apparel buyers.

At first, I tried to target all women's worldwide, but too much engagement from the countries like Pakistan, Nepal, etc. and 0 traffic. But as I'm new to this FB ads thing, maybe I narrowed it too much or not enough or not correctly at all, looking for feedback on the best method of FB Ad use + feedback on the website look.

Website is https://fairywoop.com

Looking forward to hearing back! Thank You!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 6

Hi,

I'm not a pro, just someone in a similar position to you with a new website and trying to leverage FB ads to build my brand and my customer base. So I can tell you what I have been doing that has worked so far, and hopefully that will help you.

Firstly, I just wanted to say that I really like the site. The products aren't to my taste, but the site comes accross to me as trustworthy, and it looks like a business run by real people. I also like the 'NEW DESIGN EVERY MONTH! EVERYTHING IN STORE IS LIMITED EDITION' banner, adds a little sense of urgency if there was something I liked, and would encourage me to come back and keep an eye on new products!

Also, the size guide and Care Instruction sections are a nice touch. The only thing I had an issue with there are the use of yellow text on white background on the size Guide. I see that it's in theme with the branding, but it's not easy on the eyes. The grey backgrounded you used on the Care Instructions is much better.

Anyways, to the point of FB ads.

I have a campaign targetting a saved audience which I have defined to be in my country (As i'm trying to establish a strong UK presence), and then I have two sections for interests. In the broad list I include terms that are broadly related to my niche, then I narrow the audience down with a list of things that are very specific interests within my niche. This way everyone i'm targetting has shown a strong interested in the niche.

I do also further narrow the audinece by buying intent as you mentioned. Engaged buyers, etc.

The key is to make sure that you are sperating these into different sections in order to NARROW your audience, so they should be interested in your broad niche, AND in a specific topic, AND be good buyers.

You probably want to get an audience of >100,000 people.

The next big thing is that I run a campaign optimised for link clicks, not engagment. The goal is to get lots of these potentially interested buyers to see your website, not just to engage on FB.

Next, is the adset that you are using. I tried images of my products as an ad set for Cold Traffic, and I was getting expensive link clicks ~£0.15/click.

I am now using cool imager relating to my niche. I use the images available on FB and just selected a load of images that are related, and then use a headline that just asks a simple question that might lead them to click. I found images with people in have worked best, Pehaps images similar to your Look Book pics would work?

The ad copy also says 'Get 10% off your first order'

I'm not getting >100 users per day from a £5/day adset, and some purchases directly from cold traffic.

What I have done is also setup an email capture on the homepage if they visit through my ad. A popup will ask for their email address in order to send them their 10% off code. I'm gneerally capturing ~5 email addresses per day from this.

That's pretty much the poinit I'm at at the moment. I'm nbow looking at retargetting to all the people who came to my website, had a good look around, but didn't buy...yet. I'm experiemnting with different ads to show to only these people to get them back and buying.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your business.

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you, Steven, for the feedback! :)

Do you recommend to use FB audience insights for interest research?

So the proper way to target is to take for example one section for broad, fashion related interest (10-20), then narrow for a specific interest, for example, Skulls (10-20) and then further narrow the audience by buying intent. Target audience about 100k - 500k. + ad-set with real people? 

P.S Why campaign optimised for link clicks is better than PPE? You can design PPE to look exactly the same with the link in the description + you get more data for Pixels for future retargeting. Or I'm missing something?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 6

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to read my response.

I haven't used Audiecne Insights much, but you probably should. After I had a lot of traffic for a while, I made a Lookalike audience from the 25% who spent the most time on my site, and used that to get beter performance.

I'm not sure if that's the proper way to do it, but it's what I tried and it worked well for me and my niche.

I think it's definitely a good place for you to start, then just monitor the data, and adjust one thing at a time to see what work for you.

The interests that you need to choose will be the part that requires the knowledge of your nich. And I don't, so take the this example with a pinch of salt.

I put together this audience (in attached image), which for the UK has ~50K people in it. Perhaps you would want to include some big brands that your potential customers would probably like.

Play around with the categories, pick a random combination of the ones that you've chosen, and create an example person from this. An example person from the audience I created would have shown an interest in Leggings & Animal print, and Fashion, and will also be an engaged shopper.

If that sounds like someone who will probably be interested in your store, then I think it's a good candidate for cold traffic.

The reason I optimise for link clicks, is because my goal is to get people to my website. I think the FB robots will then put the Ad in front of people who are more likely to click the link, rather than just click like or share. Meaning they're robably more likely to be potntial customers, rather than fans of your picture.

I want people to come to my website and spend time looking around. If people only see my FB page, but don't browse around my store, they're probably not going to by. Also, once people are coming to you'r website, you can show different ads to them. For example, you can put a product Ad in front of the 50% of people who spent the most time on your site in the last 10 days, but didn't buy.

This may make them come back and make a purchase.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 6

Hi Kornelija,

I'd love to know if you tried any of my suggetions, and how the results are looking?

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Kornelija,

Have you tried Cranberri? (https://cranberri.io), it's a new A.I. powered app for Shopify stores. It's not on the app store, but our friends recommended it about three months ago and it's working wonders. We finally feel relieved and are spreading the good word across the forums. If you'd like to talk shop or get tips on your e-store, email me at monicafeldman1212@gmail.com. Best of luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Steven,

No luck at all :( I have tried a lot of targeting, split tests, designs, etc. Few clicks, that's all :) I start to believe that only FB who makes money from ads.

Sad.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 6

Maybe you could share a picture of some of your add and the Shopify community may be able to offer some suggestions.

I am sorry to hear that this method isn't currently working out for you.

What's been the best cost per click an adult has got for you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
HI, try conversion instead of engagement method. Ever tried conversion?
0 Likes