Analyze Fb Ad Data

Highlighted
Tourist
49 0 2
Hello hopefully an expert can help me out with this. This is sort of a broad broad question but maybe it can be simplified. How do I understand my fb ad data for past campaigns and understand it deeply enough to change my targeting, hopefully get conversions and not make the same mistake twice? I follow and track basic metrics like add to cart, page view, payment added, etc but if I don’t get sales I don’t always know why that is the case.

Please advise.

Kyle
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
183 16 25

Hey, @EONX5!

First off, congratulations on understanding the importance of analyzing your previous campaign's performances. Too often do we throw advertising dollars into paid advertisements without fine-tuning the process along the way.

I think a terrific first step would be to try and understand why your ads aren't converting as high as they should be. This guide here does a solid job addressing four potential reasons. It's also quite comprehensive by getting into some of the nitty-gritty concepts of Facebook advertising. Additionally, we have a Facebook Ads for beginners guide that will be very useful. Chapters 4-9 will be especially useful for what you are looking for.

Also, you will want to establish a deep understanding of your ideal buyer's persona. One of my favourite resources on this topic can be found here. This is such a crucial step in all of your marketing initiatives (Facebook ads especially) as it will set the tone to how you approach your customers and leverage your ability to connect and hopefully engage with your business.

I hope all of this helps, Kyle! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach back out.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you are 100% sure your targeting is working then you need to change your creative (images and ad copy). Those are the two levels you have on Facebook and Instagram. If you are not seeing those add to cart convert into a sale. Change your creative and keep testing that. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
49 0 2
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I guess my issue is I have all my campaign results etc and reports. I understand the majority of the fb ad key terms but campaigns say from Months Ago I don’t quite remember what ads I ran and my product pages have definitely been modified since I started until now making me think the data world not be accurate?

I’ve spent a decent amount of money in ads because I know testing is a huge part of success but the data is just hard to

1) Understand
2) Understand, Apply Fixes, and see actual results

These are my issues.

Kyle

0 Likes