Any tips for advertising on Google?

gwen929
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi, I've just finished setting up my store and am starting to promote it on Google and Instagram. Do you have any tips to run ads on these social media sites? Like how to get more traffic or how to target customers or anything else? I'm very appreciated for you help. Thank you!

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 57 113

Hey, @gwen929!

Olivia here from the Shopify team. 

First of all, congratulations on launching your store. This is a super exciting time for both you and your business, and we thank you for allowing us to take part in this journey with you.

If you haven't yet, make sure to check out the Shopify blog for some awesome tips based off real-time data and research. We have a tone of guides and information on running great marketing campaigns through your favourite social networking sites. Here are some of my top picks for you to read:

Each of these blog posts includes detailed information on how to run specific ads for targeted audiences, along with alternatives to increase your reach and create a loyal customer base. Feel free to bookmark these posts and re-visit them at a later date to consume all the content and get the most out of your marketing activities and initiatives. 

One particular quote I love from last article above is:

A lot of promotional advice you find recommends pouring money into ads on Facebook, Instagram, or Google. But you can’t put all your eggs in the advertising basket—diversification is key to avoid diminishing returns over time.

You need to create a foundation for your online presence and focus on getting in front of the right people, quickly and efficiently. 

That's not to say marketing through social media and search engines isn't important, just that it's equally viable to find a balance that works well overall.

I'd also love to hear more from you about what you have already tried, and what industry your business is in. That can definitely provide us with more clues on how you can market more effectively and efficiently, and get the most bang for your buck. 

I look forward to connecting with you,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
kevinsmith12
6 0 0

Yes, I can help you. i'm a Digital Marketing Analyst having 2+ years of experience in google ads, SEO, sem, and Facebook ADS. I would be very interested in working with you and I have prior experience. I Will provide you one month of free services.

0 Likes
DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
366 50 65

Hello Gwen!

Google and Instagram ads are a great source of traffic to get sales when a proper winning strategy is implemented. I will share with you the best winning strategy to get best possible results.

For Google Ads:

1. Make Sure you have a great landing page
  2. Use 3 Creative for each ads set to get the best results. This is called A/B Testing.
  3. Use keywords that are relevant to your products
  4. Use engaging Ads copy to capture visitors attraction
  5. Use Relevant ad Extensions

For Instagram:

Create Multiple Creatives for ads set

Do Single Interest Targeting

Make sure you have broad audience in your targeted niche

Use High Quality Images and videos

Used Best possible Content

Use Instagram zoom feature

Hope these tips will be helpful!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
vinods
Shopify Partner
485 9 84

Hi @gwen929 

Hope you're doing good. I am Vinod from Bombay India, I am a digital marketing consultant providing professional website design Google ads Bing ads email marketing and Conversion rate Optimization services. 

Let me know I will be happy to serve you. 

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes

Hey olivia , Hope you are doing Good , The first action you should take before engaging in online marketing or social media marketing and engagement is to look at what you're trying to promote. What are your assets? Who are your target customers? The Social Road 1.Set Business Goals: Your social marketing strategy should serve business goals. 2.Set Marketing Objectives: Define and execute marketing strategies which can serve set goals. It can be something like this Generating leads Driving sales Establishing brand identity. 3.Create Measurable Goals: Make your objectives specific, measurable, achievable and time-bound. 4.Research Competition: Research what your competition is doing as it keeps you apprised of their marketing strategies. 5.Effective Content Strategy: Create an engaging content strategy in a way that it boosts your social channels. Content and social media are synonymous to each other. And if implemented effectively, it can do wonders for your social media marketing 6.Choose channels wisely: SMBs create accounts on every social channels without researching which channel will bring the best conversion rates. So be wise when you choose the best social channels by making use of information about your customer base For Google Ads: 1. First can be to set your "Goals" Knowing approximately what you’re looking to achieve with your campaign. 2. Then, do your "Research" This is exactly where you should spent most of your time, working on a new campaign. -Mostly these 3 types of research: Keyword Research – Use keyword tools to find the most relevant keywords people are typing into the search engines to find your product/service/company. Competitive Research – Study the companies bidding on these keywords in AdWords. See who consistently is ranking at or near the top of the rankings Research Your Audience – Where are customers buying and reviewing products/services/businesses like yours online? Read their reviews. What do they love/hate about your competition? What are the deep needs/desires they’re looking to fulfill? 3. Over time, eliminate the keywords that aren’t getting clicks/conversions and expand upon the ones that are. 4. Segment It Search Network traffic is different than Display Network traffic. Segment the types of traffic that are most important to you out into their own campaigns. Give them their own budgets, landing pages, keywords, etc. 6. Go With Relevant, Unique, Proven Ads: Ad copy should: -Be highly relevant to the keywords they’re being displayed for (including the exact terms when possible) -Stand out from the competition with different offers, benefits, etc. -Reflect the messaging/offer on your landing page(s). Do let me know if you require something else Hope this info will help you !

CedCommerce | Digital Marketing Services

Digital Marketing Analyst
E-mail: asthaupadhyay@cedcommerce.com
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 57 113

Hey, @AsthaUpadhyay,

Thanks for the mention and for sharing your comments on this thread.

I think your reply may have been directed at the original poster, @gwen929, so I am just tagging them here for visibility.

Thanks again,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
VitaF
Shopify Partner
64 1 3

Hey!

One thing to focus on is the content on your store to be visible on Google Search as was explained in detail above. I would only add that one other way to boost your visibility is to make sure that you create an informative FAQ Page where you can insert backlinks to other parts of your store, use relevant keywords, etc.

This will not only improve your visibility, but also enhance the customer experience and build trust with your brand. But even when you have an excellent FAQ section, make sure that it is easy to reach out to your customer support agent if it’s needed.

Helpcenterapp
0 Likes
gavinw
Excursionist
20 2 4

Hi there! Here are some tips that may help your Google ads perform better.

The first one is making sure your landing page matches what the ad says. Also, optimize negative keywords so they're relevant and don't get triggered by other words or phrases in an attempt to drive down competitors' bids on those related terms instead of yours! In relation to that, use different match types over time if it doesn't work out as well as you may have hoped.

0 Likes