Anyone Else Sick of Facebook Ads?

Devin3
8 0 0

Does anyone else find Facebook ads to be a waste of time and money? I mean I spend all this time designing them and choosing an appropriate audience, but most of the traffic just bounces right off the site or looks at one thing and leaves. I really  don't know why I bother anymore. Does anyone else feel this way about Facebook Ads? I can't be the only one having this problem. I mean maybe if you're a huge corporation, but this is my first Ecommerce store and I cam hemmoraghing money. At least Adwords gives me better traffic. 

0 Likes
Car_Care_Produc
Excursionist
47 0 13

Hey, 

Sorry but I don't feel the same. I don't think so that it is waste of money because we do Facebook Remarketing for our car care products and we got a good amount of traffic daily. Even the traffic converts into leads. 

Through Facebook, our monthly visitors reach to 8k or 9k and without it, organic visitors are around 6k.

So I can say Facebook ads are working perfectly for our car care products store.

car vacuum cleaner | car care products | car detailing products | Car Polishing Machine | car care India | car polish
Benjamin_H_1
Shopify Partner
27 0 3

Hi Devin,

Sorry to hear that FB ads aren't working for you. They can be very effective especially if you coordinate them with your other marketing channels. For example, if you are engaged in AdWords, you can leverage all that traffic with your FB advertising via retargeting.

Can you share soem details on your Fb strategy so the community could maybe help out with? Specific questions that would be helpful to understand why it didn't work:

What was your goal with ads?
How long did you run ads for? 
What budget did you set?
How many audiences did you create?

Digital Marketing Strategist
Devin3
8 0 0

Wow I must really be doing something wrong if others are having such success. I recently installed the Ad Monks retargetting app which has been really helpful for retargetting visitors who bounce off the site.

• My goal with Facebook ads set to conversions
  • My ads usually run for 3 days
  • I usually set my budget to $50
  • I use one custom audience. I sell men's clothes so I target men 17 and older with interest in other Men's clothes stores, men's fashion, etc and are located in the UK, US, CAN, and MEX.

I would sincerely appreciate any advice as I am at my wits end with these FB ads. Also if you know of any quality resources for me to checkout I would appreciate books, blogs, video, whatever you got lol. Maybe I'm just tageting the wrong people or I need to specify my audience more?

0 Likes
Mike_Jones4
8 0 0

Hey Devin,

I felt the same problem with Facebook ads then I got some tips for Google ads and set up Google ads and got a great result. If you like Google ads then you can run.

0 Likes
Pollen
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hi Devin,

I'll start off by saying that we're a Shopify Partner and our app (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) is heavily focused on FB ads. So I'm a bit biased. FB ads are an amazing channel for Shopify stores and can be lucrative IF done correctly.

When it comes to scaling up FB advertising, I find you don't get scalable growth because your audience targeting may be off. You may think you're targeting the right audience, but a tiny mistake can waste hundreds of dollars. 

Here are my suggestions:

1. Understand your target market

You have to research your target market. Knowing the customer demographics helps you design ads based on target audiences. It can be pretty hard to know who your target market is, but machine learning apps on Shopify can automatically identify the best audiences for you.

2. Ad Design

You can design the ads yourself or work with an agency to develop them. They will design various types of ads, such as video ads, static image ads, full-page takeovers, animated images, and so on. Include a clear call to action (CTA) in your images to entice people into clicking on them. A CTA is basically a button that says Learn More, Buy Now, Sign Up Now, etc.

3. Optimization

There are many levels of optimization that help in producing the best results. The optimization techniques include:

• Testing ad frequency
  • Experimenting with the time of placing ads
  • Placing different ads to different people
  • Testing ads on various sites

4. Monitor performance

The final task is to monitor ad performance. Make sure the ads provide the desired outcome. If they aren’t meeting your goals, there is something wrong with the landing page, ads, or other things.

We wrote an in-depth blog post about this. You can read more here.

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Dolores_Devos
7 0 0

No, FB ads is not a waste of money if you do them right. Not only me but also million Million people are using FB ads and making so much money from online.

0 Likes