Anyone using the new server-side Facebook Pixel Tracking?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Talking about this hidden gem:

xx.jpg

My problem is:

I don't need anything at all in the new Shopify Facebook channel except that. We have Facebook page, Instagram shop, Ads, product feeds etc etc all running fine for years.

And now I'm worried about all the permissions the Shopify Facebook channel wants. I'm worried it will change and overwrite products feeds and configuration data on the Facebook side with it's idea of things, trashing my config.

Anyone been through this, are my worries unfounded or not?

Regards, Robert.

Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

@roband We've migrated all our Facebook Ads clients to the new CAPI (server-side tracking) just for the purpose of the pixel. You can set everything up so it all behaves as if you only had the pixel as before. If you want just the pixel, you don't have to setup ads within the channel, IG shopping (though you should), or the Facebook Shop.

Check your advanced matching settings afterwards as well as these seem to get changed to undesirable settings.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Josh, I'll give it another go then. And thanks for the heads up on the advanced matching settings, just the type of behind-the-doors changes I was worried about.

0 Likes