<li class="onsale"><i class="fa fa-tag"></i> {{ discount_application.title }}
(-{{ discount_application.total_allocated_amount | money }})</li>
{%- endfor -%}
</ul>
{%- else -%}
{% if cart.total_discounts > 0 %}
<div class="cart_savings">
<h4 class="onsale"><em>{{ 'cart.general.savings' | t }}</em></h4>
<h4 class="cart-savings-amount onsale"><em>{{ cart.total_discounts | money }}</em></h4>
</div>
{% endif %}
{%- endif -%}
</div>

0 Likes
TobyTee
Tourist
8 0 1

Is it possibe you could help me understand where to put the code? i can use automatic discounts if that is more simple.

0 Likes
Anthony_Jackson
Shopify Partner
211 2 10

Hi @snakizzel

I understand the situation you are in. We are Autoketing team, offering an app Upsell Cross-sell Smart Tool that may be helpful for you. The discount will appear right away in the product that customers are purchasing. This app also helps you sell more and more products with cross-sell and upsell tactics. 

Here are the link of the app: https://apps.shopify.com/upsell-cross-sell-smart-tool?utm_source=ecommerceuniversity&utm_medium=foru...

0 Likes
AdrianExpert
10 0 0

To show a discount box in the cart you need to make ajax query to checkout and then create a hidden div. Append html of the checkout there and then parse amounts. Also, there are some apps which add this functionality. You may check for instance this one:

https://apps.shopify.com/discount-in-cart

It works both with a cart drawer and a cart page. Also has automatic installation. 

0 Likes

Hi,

The problem of Cart abandonment is more or less the same across all the ecommerce stores.

A proven method of boosting the conversion rate (and AOV) is showing appropriate coupon codes and letting customers apply the discount right on the cart page.

We have recently launched  Voila - Power Coupons on Cart. This helps you show selected coupons right on the cart page as well to create an Apply coupon field where customers can enter any coupon code.

Voila.gif

Let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions/questions.

Best,

Tamal S.

Voila - Show Selected Coupons on Cart
0 Likes
ShopDoctors
Tourist
19 0 0

If you want to do it yourself, this can be as simple as putting an input field in your cart page similar to this (name=discount being the important part):

<input type="text" name="discount">

Whatever the customer enters will be applied on the checkout page, or attempted to be applied. The problem is checking whether the code can be applied and getting the amount that will be discounted before the customer goes to the checkout page. That's what apps are usually used for. There are many options, some listed in previous answers, mostly different in the visual presentation. This one has a pretty clean and customizable UI - Discount On Cart‑ Pro Edition! It also helps promote your free shipping tier if you offer one.

0 Likes
ShushiSocal
Tourist
5 0 2

I agree with you, and I don't understand why Shopify leaves this issue to be solved on apps.

More conversion means more transaction revenue Shopify makes and more happy customers (=merchants).

Makes me wonder if Shopify prioritizes app developers over merchants.