Are Google Ad words worth it, or will we always get bumped by big companies paying more?

Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Hi,
I'd like to test the waters with Google Adwords. I used it once, but didn't get much out of it, but it seems like a lot of people use it. My concern is that I am a clothing line, with a small budget. Will I always get bumped because big department stores or other big brands are paying much more and usually get the top sponsored section of the search page? It probably isn't worth it if my ad is never going to be seen.

-Marisa

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hi Marisa,

Taran from Pollen here. Google AdWords is definitely an awesome way to bring in more sales. There's a lot of concern about competing with bigger brands, but we've seen our small clients be successful even with a smaller budget. 

The thing to focus on is targeting the right keywords that have a lower CPC in the beginning as you're building up your sales. Which keywords are right for you? It depends. You can use tools like SEMRush to find the keywords right for your business.

What I personally recommend to newer Shopify stores is to split your budget between Facebook Ads and Google AdWords to test the waters. As you start seeing sales come in, start shifting your budget towards the channel that brings in more revenue. There will be some growing pains where you question if advertising is worth it, but I'm confident you can get results. Your store looks great! Now you just need the right audience coming in and purchasing your products. 

The best part of being on Shopify is you have apps that can help you with your ads. Shopify has an awesome partner network, so there's definitely a lot of opportunity to hit the ground running and see sales come in. 

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Yes, You have said the right if anyone pays more than you, their ads will come first. What's about FB ads?Have you run FB ads campaign?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
92 0 8

Yes, i've tried multiple FB ads and they haven't done anything. Just last week I spent $49 and got 2 clicks. I target demographics, did multiple images for the campaign, and it didnt bring anymore traffic to my site, and zero sales.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
88 0 10

Hi Marisa,

Javier from Pixc here. 

You can take advantage of Google Adwords as a small business as long as you target for specific enough keywords.

You probably won't go far if you target "beach inspired clothing" but maybe you should aim for longer keywords such as "rhode island based beach clothing line". These are just example though. The best would be figuring out what makes you different from your competitors and aiming for that with your targetted keywords. 

Hope that helps :)

Optimize your product photos for as little as $1.59. Try it for free: pixc.com/freetrial
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
88 0 10

Hi Marisa,

Javier from Pixc here. 

You can take advantage of Google Adwords as a small business as long as you target for specific enough keywords.

You probably won't go far if you target "beach inspired clothing" but maybe you should aim for longer keywords such as "rhode island based beach clothing line". These are just example though. The best would be figuring out what makes you different from your competitors and aiming for that with your targetted keywords. 

Optimize your product photos for as little as $1.59. Try it for free: pixc.com/freetrial
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
88 0 10

Hi Marisa,

Javier from Pixc here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
88 0 10

Hi Marisa,

Javier from Pixc here. 

0 Likes