Are Pinterest buyable pins editable?

Sara_Kelly
1 0 0

Hello. I've spent countless hours crafting the rich text in my pins, but it seems that buyable pins just pull directly from the Shopify product listing. This usually means listings are cut off mid-word. Is there any way to avoid this and use the custom text I created (instead of simply pulling from the listing)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
AnaW
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 22

Hi Sara, 

Ana from the Shopify guru team! Just confirming that unfortunately, Pinterest buyable pins are not editable, and will pull descriptions straight from the product description in Shopify. You can edit the text on other pins, also linking to your products, but the text specifically on buyable pins cannot be edited.

Hope the clears things up!

Ana

0 Likes
Matthew_Snow
1 0 0

Hi Ana,

I have a somewhat similar question and was hoping you may know the answer. We recently went live with our new Shopify store selling plus size clothing for women. Our Buyable Pin app was approved, and some of the pins are already indexed, but we realized this morning that we did not include the phrase "plus size" in our product titles. We've since updated all of our product titles accordingly, but are wondering what we can do to make sure this change is reflected across the headline titles of all our Buyable Pins. Is there a way to overwrite the feed? I just tried pinning one of our product pix to a board, but the bolded pin title does not include the "plus size" wording we added earlier (which is reflected on the Shopify product page). Here's the page: https://www.elsajane.com/collections/featherweight-vnecks/products/restless-vblnd?variant=3014437075...

and I've attached a screen shot of the resulting pin. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

0 Likes