Are Product Tags SEO Friendly?

Yep, recommended.
Vaping and working
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

I am facing the same conundrum, but would rather not use the no-follow code as the collections with tags actually make sense in google search. 

ie. If someone is looking for a t-shirt from a specific brand. 

What I would like to adjust is the way google posts the search results; Apparel Tagged "mens" - Empire so that the tagged doesn't show up 

ie Apparel - mens - Empire 

If anyone has any ideas on how to stop google from adding the "Tagged" to the title on SERP that would be much appreciated!

0 Likes

@Matt_Wells wrote:

I am facing the same conundrum, but would rather not use the no-follow code as the collections with tags actually make sense in google search. 

ie. If someone is looking for a t-shirt from a specific brand. 

What I would like to adjust is the way google posts the search results; Apparel Tagged "mens" - Empire so that the tagged doesn't show up 

ie Apparel - mens - Empire 

If anyone has any ideas on how to stop google from adding the "Tagged" to the title on SERP that would be much appreciated!

I am not sure how to do what you ask, but the way I understand the noindex code mentioned in this post, it only excludes the auto-generated tag pages, not the Collection pages themselves. 

I think this is what you want, because otherwise you're going to have all those duplicate tag pages that contain the exact same page content as the main Collection page. And that main Collection page will have all the content you want indexed anyways. 

Consider what I mentioned earlier in the thread, and build Collection pages from the brand tags (using the Auto Collection method, with the tag as the criteria).

That way, you can manually control the content (title/body/meta) on each brand Collection page, making it unique for SEO. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

I see what you are saying, but I think the collections with tags can add value, as they are more specific as to what the customer may be looking for. Ie a t-shirt from a specific brand.

All I want is a work-around so that the "Tagged" text does not display on the SERP. 

I have some page links that a ranking and getting heaps of impressions so would rather not kill them off... 

0 Likes