Are my ads really efficient ?

Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Hi everyone,

I launched my store there is 3 weeks now. Since I had about 11 000 visitors and around 650 visitors and 60 returning ones per day.I have some add to cart (about 5 a day) but only 2 sales since launching.

I am new at shopify and at marketing world.

I am not sure if my marketing is the right one because at first I thought that fact my website has a lot of traffic means people are intrested with my products. But now I don't know what should I try or change.

I tested several audiences and now I am creating loolalike ones. 

Can you please advice me ?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 40

Hi, there. 

Congrats on reaching that many visitors to your shop! Now that you have reached that number of visitors, the next things to look at are 1. The quality of your visitors- ie. finding the right demographic and 2. The content they are presented with when reaching your site. 

Really look at the psychology of your market. Try to get into the heads of the target audience. This blog post goes over buyer personas and knowing your customer. It's a really great read! 

In our "Facebook Advertising for Ecommerce Entrepreneurs" I really recommend reading over Chapter 5 and 6, relating to Targeting new audiences and Retargeting and custom audiences.

I also recommend having follow up emails going out to customers who have added to cart, or abandoned checkout. Follow up emails are known to heavily convert into sales. Here's a look into Abandoned Checkout Email Strategies.

Second topic to tackle- Shop appeal. The shop looks really great so far. A few things I have noted though, to consider!

You have a really nice logo! However, I recommend shrinking the size of the header, where your logo is. This will allow customers to see your sites focus, and products without having to scroll too far. This allows your main slideshow image to be in full view and not cut off. 

I would also look into changing some of the colours to a bit lighter options. As you are targeting both men and women, adding some white or lighter tones will neutralize the harshness and allow ladies to think there's something for them offered as well! 

Lastly, I really like how you have an about us page. It adds a personal touch. I would also consider adding a slideshow or images of models/customers wearing the product. Seeing products in everyday life make the items more tangeble and desirable. It can also help build your demographic too! Adding an instagram feed to the site can accomplish this as well. 

I hope these tips find you well. Let us know if you have any questions. 
Cheers,

Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
154 0 10

Hi Lilit!

If you are running FB ads make sure that you narrow well your audience, otherwise you will be wasting your money, always try some A/B tests in order to see which audience is working better.

If you are running Adwords (or interested) i would suggest you giving a try to our app "Clever Adwords", we will help you making profitable and professional campaigns (Search, Display Remarketing, Brand, DSA and RLSA) for free, we also can provide you with a personal account manager to help you with the optimization of the campaigns.

Check it out here: https://apps.shopify.com/cleverppc

Shopify APP https://apps.shopify.com/cleverppc WEB www.cleverecommerce.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Hi

Thank you very much for your help! I will try to improve it! Because I think that people are intrested in my products if not they would not come on my page ! Maybe it is only a question of time?

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

You can run Google AdWords campaign for your store for targeted keywords.I think you will get good result.

0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi there,

When it comes to marketing, it can be tricky to figure out what works and what doesn’t - especially when you’re starting out! Many different factors can contribute to whether or not your products sell, and it is up to you to figure out what those factors are. Not always an easy task!

Here are some helpful suggestions that have worked for me (along with some self promotion :)

Understand your demographic

Ask yourself: who is my intended buyer? It may sound obvious, but this is the most important aspect to consider when drafting your marketing strategy. Marketing to the wrong audience is a quick way to lose both time and money. Getting to know your audience is the first step. If you find you’re having trouble with this, allow one of Shopify’s Facebook ad apps to do the hard work for you.  

Ad design

Now that you understand your audience, you must design ads that appeal to them. Consider things like color, imagery, and a CTA (call to action) button to entice your customers to make a purchase. Also consider what type of ad may work best for your store. Videos, static images, animated gifs, and full page takeover ads are all viable options. Including a CTA on your ad, like “Shop Now” or “Learn More”, allows the customer to further explore your site with one click.   

A/B test

Once you create your ads, the work is not over. A/B testing your ads is a great way to see what’s working and what isn’t. In its simplest form, A/B testing compares two different variables of your ad while keeping all other variables equal. Changing one variable and observing its behavior, in terms of sales, can be eye opening! A simple change in the hue of a color can mean the difference between a customer completing an order or leaving your site altogether.

Some aspects of your ad to consider A/B testing:

• Calls to Action- Consider placement, wording, and the amount of CTAs per page

• Content- Test for tone, display, and navigation

• Visual Media- Test for dynamics of images, autoplay versus click-to-play, and the effectiveness of voice-overs

• Advertising- Test different headlines and landing pages

Facebook is your friend!

With more than one billion people on Facebook, this platform can be your biggest asset when it comes to marketing. And it’s free! Advertising on Facebook is the quickest and easiest way to reach your target audience.

Your post mentioned you are creating lookalike audiences for your store. You are definitely headed in the right direction, however, doing this on your own can be tricky and time consuming.

Apps like Pollen can help you achieve this goal seamlessly and efficiently with no confusion. Pollen enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!   

Hopefully these tips and suggestions work as well for you as they did for me.

Happy Advertising!

0 Likes
Excursionist
59 0 3

Hey Lilit! Cool site. We're watch junkies at our office. Bulova and Citizen are our clients, so we're immersed in this world all day.

To your question, yes, ad efficiency is a complex challenge. Sounds like you're off to a great start, so here's our advice.

Test, test, and test some more!

It's critical to growth. You have to test in order to figure out what works! And there are so many different ways to structure accounts. A few of our account managers who run campaigns explore this in great detail on our blog, thought you might find this article valuable:

Deep Dive On How to Grow Profitable Client Relationships

Hope that helps. Good luck to ya!

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Thank you very much for all of your advice :) . I will try to apply them in order to improve sales.

0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi there,

When it comes to marketing, it can be tricky to figure out what works and what doesn’t - especially when you’re starting out! Many different factors can contribute to whether or not your products sell, and it is up to you to figure out what those factors are. Not always an easy task!

Here are some helpful suggestions that have worked for me (along with some self promotion :)

Understand your demographic

Ask yourself: who is my intended buyer? It may sound obvious, but this is the most important aspect to consider when drafting your marketing strategy. Marketing to the wrong audience is a quick way to lose both time and money. Getting to know your audience is the first step. If you find you’re having trouble with this, allow one of Shopify’s Facebook ad apps to do the hard work for you.  

Ad design

Now that you understand your audience, you must design ads that appeal to them. Consider things like color, imagery, and a CTA (call to action) button to entice your customers to make a purchase. Also consider what type of ad may work best for your store. Videos, static images, animated gifs, and full page takeover ads are all viable options. Including a CTA on your ad, like “Shop Now” or “Learn More”, allows the customer to further explore your site with one click.   

A/B test

Once you create your ads, the work is not over. A/B testing your ads is a great way to see what’s working and what isn’t. In its simplest form, A/B testing compares two different variables of your ad while keeping all other variables equal. Changing one variable and observing its behavior, in terms of sales, can be eye opening! A simple change in the hue of a color can mean the difference between a customer completing an order or leaving your site altogether.

Some aspects of your ad to consider A/B testing:

• Calls to Action- Consider placement, wording, and the amount of CTAs per page

• Content- Test for tone, display, and navigation

• Visual Media- Test for dynamics of images, autoplay versus click-to-play, and the effectiveness of voice-overs

• Advertising- Test different headlines and landing pages

Facebook is your friend!

With more than one billion people on Facebook, this platform can be your biggest asset when it comes to marketing. And it’s free! Advertising on Facebook is the quickest and easiest way to reach your target audience.

Your post mentioned you are creating lookalike audiences for your store. You are definitely headed in the right direction, however, doing this on your own can be tricky and time consuming.

Apps like Pollen can help you achieve this goal seamlessly and efficiently with no confusion. Pollen enables you to acquire customers on Facebook and across the web simply and cost effectively. Through powerful automation, Pollen offers an easy-to-use marketing platform that’s sole expertise is in driving sales. It takes as little as 2 minutes to set up a campaign. Pollen takes care of the rest. It’s as simple as that! Time is money, so start your free 7 day trial today!   

Hopefully these tips and suggestions work as well for you as they did for me.

Happy Advertising!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
29 0 2

Maybe you can try with video ads for better conversion.

In case you want to give it a try, I've built one for you using our almost ready to be released Shopify App:

- Hobson: https://s3.amazonaws.com/factory-app-dev/custom/hobson.mp4

Feel free to share them on social media or use them on your Facebook or Instagram campaigns.

0 Likes