Are people fishing for Abandoned cart deals?

Highlighted
12 0 0

I have ordered 100's or 1000's of items on the internet over the past 20 years.... I rarely enter all of my information and then walk away from the cart. I can generally check the cart and bail before having to key in all of my info.

Are people putting all of their info in to see what offers they get via abandoned cart emails.

We know everyone is sending them now days, so I can't help but think this is why.

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Haha! I've never thought of this before. I'm definitely gonna try this today and see how much discount I'll get. :D

But yea, on a serious note, almost all businesses are sending abandoned cart emails and notifications. And amazingly, getting results too. So I agree, this trend is here to stay for a while.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

I always advise merchants not to discount their products all the time. Instead, offer them something for free. Like buy 2 get 1 free, or spend $100 and get free shipping, or buy this collection and get a product free, etc etc.

Customers get addicted to discounts, they don't get addicted to free. 

This is why Groupon is failing, and merchants who advertised on Groupon end up suffering. Because then customers will always want that discount and will never feel good about paying full price ever again.

Just focus on building a great brand, and focus on your customer relationships. That is your true asset.

0 Likes