Are third party apps worth it to host social media contests?

Tiffany_Bailey1
Excursionist
16 0 5

I am wanting to start doing some social media contests to build our following. We have about 1000 Facebook followers, but only 250 on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter (we just started those accounts about 60 days ago.)  We also have an email list of about 600 that grows by about 50 people a week from a pop up app (Coupon Pop) integrated with our store and a Mailchimp account. 

I have looked into a couple of 3rd party apps such as Wishpond, Heyo, and Shortstack to manage these upcomino social media contests, as I think it would be impossible to track manually if I try to promote them across all my accounts.  All of these apps seem to cost at least $30/month though.   For a company that has done all of its marketing through free social media and word of mouth so far, that seems steep, especially if we are only going to do a couple of contents every couple of months. 

Does anyone have any advice on the subject or have a particular app they use that was well worth the cost? Some of the have a free version, but from what I can tell, their functionalits seems limited enough that I don't know that I could do what I want to do with it with the free version. Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2576 134 438

All of these apps seem to cost at least $30/month though.   For a company that has done all of its marketing through free social media and word of mouth so far, that seems steep, 

Your time matters, if X hours of your time > hours saved by the app  == get the app.

Your in business mentally reframe this , you've been unfortunate enough to be able to do this manually, now you have enough requirements that you need to invest to make more money. Your NOT paying $30 for an "app", your paying $30 to solve a pain without having to go the $3000 route of having a private app built.  Make no mistake though investments can be bad do the homework.

For SMB apps are great to prototype an experiment, document your needs as you use the apps then do a custom-app  or switch services.

but from what I can tell, their functionalits seems limited enough that I don't know that I could do what I want to do with it with the free version.

That is a lot of uncertainity which often comes from not having a concrete vision of what needs to be solved. Triage the apps for the one with the best documentation|resources after all you don't want to spend weeks learning a system you may not use, but at the same time you need to become familar with that whole segment of apps and how they work,terms they use, etc.

There's also the consideration of just outright delegating.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes