Automatically email personalized discount code with newsletter signup (Mailchimp)

2 0 1

Hi Lukasz,

This app is great, thanks! Hopefully have enough subscribers soon that I'll become a paying user.  

Regards,

Kirk

0 Likes

Hi Kirk,

I'm glad you like it. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

All the best,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Awesome app, exactly what we needed!!! Great work!

Strange that it is not available in the App Store yet...Shopify was warning me that it is an unlisted app and I should make sure that it is safe, so I'm hoping for the best. 

Will be making the upgrade soon but please let me know what is included in the upgraded version. I can't find a pricing plan anywhere. Are there unlimited subscribers?

0 Likes

Hi Gift Of Nature,

Thanks for your feedback :) I'm working on it to have Personal Discount published in the Shopify App Store.

The standard plan is currenlty unlimited. I'm considering adding a limit and introducing a higher plan, but if you upgrade now you will get unlimited subscribers for lifetime in the standard plan.

Thanks,
Lukasz

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 5

(I'm not associated with MailChimp nor Omnisend)

Here's my learning / opinion:

- MailChimp does *not* support automatically generated promo codes from within their UI, but overall they have (imo) the best system with the highest ability of customization

- Omnisend *does* support exactly what you are looking for, which is custom generated promo codes within their UI for example to do personal cart recovery coupon codes, or resurrection email campaigns

Therefore, I use MailChimp for everything except personal promo codes (cart recovery, customer resurrection) for which I use Omnisend.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes

Hmm... I don't know why one of my previous posts disappeared from this thread. Anyway, I'm reposting it:

I've created an app to solve specifically this problem. The app is called Personal Discount, and it generates unique discount codes as soon as the customer signs up for your newsletter. It enables you to define a custom code pattern, e.g. WELCOME-XXXXX and the actual codes will be like WELCOME-GR8DL or WELCOME-A2JSO. The generated codes are being assigned to the list members in MailChimp as a merge tag so you can send them out right away in a welcome email through an automated campaign. You can install Personal Discount at https://app.personaldiscount.me/install

0 Likes

I'm happy to announce that Personal Discount is now officially listed in the App Store: https://apps.shopify.com/personal-discount

0 Likes
1 0 0

Would you happen to know how you send say 100 unique vouchers to 100 emails, without having to do it manually? I'm using Klaviyo, but it isn't clear if you can do this.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi k.n,

I've just added a possibility to create unique discount codes for existing subscribers. Once the coupons are generated you can send them from MailChimp using a regular campaign.

Screencast: http://b.link/personal-discount-for-existing-subscribers

Thanks,
Lukasz

0 Likes
2 0 0

Love your app so far!

I was wondering if it were possible to create multiple campaigns? For instance, I have one set up now that gives a welcome code for when people subscribe on my website (HELLO-XXXX). But what if I want to make a separate discount for people who sign up another way (eg FACEBOOK-XXXX)? I'm not seeing a way to create multiple.

Thanks!

0 Likes