Best marketing route for new women's fashion store?

Miss_Claire_Sto
12 0 0

Hi guys,  

I've just recently opened a new store and I would like to hear from any of you who had similar experiences,how you got it started in regards of traffic and subsequently,sales?

So far I've tried Facebook ads with not-so-great results,part of it must have been the too broad audience but do you think there's anything else that I could pay attention to if I decide to continue with ads? Anything related to the products(apart from the descriptions,I'm working on replacing them. and will add more soon as well)

In other words,if you'd come across my website,would you buy from it?If no,which would be the first/main reason?

Really looking forward to hear back from you guys.

0 Likes
Jodyshop_Shoppi
Tourist
50 0 2

Hello Miss Claire

Relying to one source only isn't enough! Also your website is still has no Alexa rank, this means you need more hard work to do to make Spike Sales.

Marketing plan & Optimization Methods as follow:

1. Create and submit New Video about your business.
  2. Social media submission.
  3. Guest posting submission.
  4. Press Release writing + submission.
  5. Citation optimization by submitting your business to local directories Listings.
  6. Product or Service promotion worldwide.
  7. Email Marketing submission.
  8. Genuine content writing for new posts or new pages.
  9. Influencer Marketing (Radio and podcast business mention).
  10. Building quality Backlinks for your website.

You can seek helpers from:

• Fiverr.com
  • Peopleperhour.com
  • Freelancer.com
  • Upwork.com

it's a long term run, but the results will be great. Hope this help :)

Jodyshop - https://www.jodyshop.com/

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Pollen
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hey there,

Here's a few suggestions for your store:

• Add a favicon
  • Make your menu shorter since it takes up a lot of space
  • Your photos are really blurry. Work with a designer to source and use higher quality photos
  • Add a Call to Action button on your banner. Also make the banner shorter
  • Center align the product names under their photos

As far as marketing channels go, Facebook ads are still your best bet. Check out apps like Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) that handle things like targeting on FB ads for you. 

You can also use the following channels to help with your marketing:

• Reach out to influencers. Here's my post on how I feel about Influencer Marketing compared to advertising: http://gopollen.com/influencer-marketing-help-your-business/
  • Start blogging
  • Post on social media frequently. For FB and Insta, one post a day is a good interest. Also take advantage of Pinterest.
  • Start email marketing
  • Visit websites that cater to your audience and post about your brand in those sites

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
Miss_Claire_Sto
12 0 0

Thank you for your reply, I've got some new ideas I didn't think about. Re the marketing tools I didn't mean I intend to rely on Fb Ads only,but more to get a confirmation as for now it's still a good way to go. 

0 Likes
Miss_Claire_Sto
12 0 0

Thanks @AdvertisingConsultant as well for your reply and suggestions, I followed some of them and on others I am still working, very much appreciated! 

0 Likes
Jess5
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey Miss Claire, I agree witht what the gentlemen has mentioned. you should really pay attention to the quality of images you upload especially on home page. Also you are not mentioning if you have already built up some traffic. You could definitely try retargeting. I am using Roi Hunter Easy. as it makes ads that are shown to the customers that have visited your web previously. And they only  see what they browsed. I had to be quite patient at the start but as I was able to bring more traffic to my website, the sales with retargeting also went up. Really worth trying it.

0 Likes
Miss_Claire_Sto
12 0 0

Hey Jess,I agree re the quality of the images, unfortunately as I am dropshipping I have to work with the images provided by the suppliers which most of the times aren't the best in terms of res.

I've also researched and also posted on another forum here hoping there are any suppliers in Europe as it would make things so much easier but couldn't find any. 

The traffic is still quite low so I would focus on it before trying retargeting.Thanks anyway for the suggestion, I will have a look over it and eventually give it a try when the right time will come.

0 Likes
Kevin_Simonson_
Shopify Expert
95 0 3

We work with tons of fashion brands and, and there is a systematic approach to paid creative for performance marketing that actually drives retail growth. Here's one tip: Social Proof

Whether organic or paid, getting press and reviews on your brand is important for growth.

There are ways to track the lift in organic and paid searches. But after time, the leverage of that press fades.

We categorize press and reviews in the context of ads social proof.

Layering social proof from an influential third party onto an ad can sustain that positive lift. It gives your brand a simple and effective way to draw a connection, cut through the noise of the news feed and build trust before a user ever clicks on an ad.

We did some great case studies on our fashion brands in a recent post, if you'd like to learn more.

Hope that helps!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
Pollen
Excursionist
72 0 8

Hi there,

Here's a nice little Shopify Marketing checklist for you to get started with: http://gopollen.com/shopify-marketing-checklist.

A summary of how to market your Shopify store is below:

Display Advertising on Facebook and across the Web

Ads are an easy way to increase traffic (even if they cost money). The important thing is to focus on quality over quantity when it comes to traffic. I’d rather have 100 likely to buy visitors instead of 1,000 “window shopper” visitors.

Retargeting ads are also super awesome. Basically, they’re ads that show up on websites to people who have already visited your store. These ads cost money, but can be a valuable addition to your marketing efforts if your targeting is nearly perfect. There are Shopify apps that do a great job of helping you get the most out of FB ads.

Email Marketing

If you’re going to use email marketing, install a pop-up app that collects emails of website visitors. I personally recommend a small pop up on the bottom right so it doesn’t annoy your visitors.

Collect the emails of visitors to your site so you can nurture them. How effective is email marketing? This study shows that marketers can enjoy an ROI up to 4300% if they manage to do it right. Many marketers use email marketing to boost their sales.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

SEO is one of the best marketing channels period, but it takes time to see results. It’s a long term project that can bring in more website traffic and sales than you ever dreamed. The best way to take advantage of SEO with Shopify is to write blog posts relevant to your niche. If you’re selling luxury clothing, write blog posts about the luxury lifestyle.

There are tools to help you with SEO like SEMrush. I’m not affiliated with SEMrush in any way, I just think their product is amazing and I’m a huge fan. When it comes to SEO, also check out some of the Shopify SEO apps. They do a great job in helping you manage SEO without having to spend a fortune on SEO agencies.

Social Media Marketing (SMM)

Social media marketing is one of the most phenomenal digital marketing methods to enhance brand awareness. There are over 2.4 billion social media users all over the world, and you can utilize popular social media platforms to reach potential customers from all over the world. Market your business on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

Influencer Marketing

“Influencer Marketing” is the new buzz word among marketers. This digital marketing method involves hiring influencers, people with a strong fan base on various social media platforms, to promote their brands, offers, and products. Influencer marketing is fantastic for building brand awareness, but don’t rely on it to drive sales.

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes