Big drop in active items Google Merchant

10 0 0

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been noticing a drop in my website's visitors.

I wasn't able to figure out why until I checked my Google Merchants account. It seems that there's a big drop in "Active Items" and there are items expiring.

As you can see below I went from ~1000 active items to only ~100. And I can't figure out why this is the case.

Is there anybody who had the same issue, and how do I solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Knipsel.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted

If items are under expiring then that means you have not update your SKUs in Google Merchant Center (GMC) in 30 days. At minimum you need to sync GMC with your Shopify store every store days to keep SKUs active. As for the drop in items, I would check the tool or app you are using to sync with your GMC account and make sure that is not causing the issue. If you are not using an app right now to sync GMC and your Shopify store, they are tons of options:

Google Shopping App...or you can see what else is on the Shopify App store. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 6

Agree with Duane here. There is an issue with your product feed. This should be relatively easy to fix by looking at the feed app you are using to see if you are getting errors or change out to a new fee app. 

Steve | @ PromoPrep
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
---------------------------------------------------------------
Digital Marketer & Web Analyst
If you are looking for a better way to manage and plan your promotions, check out PromoPrep.com
0 Likes

Seeing that the total items have dropped, rather than simply active items, you likely have products removed from the store or some condition at the feed level (check your app) that is excluding products from the feed.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes