Big drop in active items Google Merchant

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Still waiting or a resolution on the expiring items Adam.  I do believe you care, but something has to be done. Get more resources- call in the cavalry- whatever it takes.  We have dropped from 294,000 active to 90,700.  Does that sound right to you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

No resolution at all.  Feel free to reach out to me directly- maybe we can brainstorm ho how to light a fire here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Just to be clear- the problem was ot, and is not solved.  it must be a recurring issue that Shopify was aware of, waited to see if it resolved on its own, and then nothing until we brought it up again. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

I am having this problem.   I just updated my items yesterday and the updates were accepted by google.  Today I get the warning letter.  Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

Bumping this for the morning shift.  Can anyone help.  I have added a photo of my email, please note since then all 100% have been deleted.   I was in google shopping until this happened.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 8.42.38 AMb-2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

Try doing that random tag method that @jamesroberts posted about earlier. Also contact Shopify asking them to do a resync.

I had done both, dunno which one it was that worked, but all my items gradually resynced across 3 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

I did try that.  This is really disappointing because I was finally included in Google Shopping until the feed was disrupted on SHopify's end.  Now I had to restart and nothing is workin

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

I have not been able to contact Shopify.  The phone is disconnected, the emails are not answered and the chat has a huge queue.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

After almost a month without a resolution I decided to try a different app and went for Google Shopping Feed by Adwords Robot. It was quick to setup and after about 30 minutes all 5000+ products are available again in Google Merchant Center. They offer a 14-day free trial and the price is $7 a month thereafter. It'd be nice if Shopify's own feed tool worked, but this seems to be a pretty good alternative.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

I should have responded to this thread.  I went to the Shopify/Google app, clicked support and asked for a re-sync.  They asked why and I sent copies of the emails.  They re-synced and within 24 hours I was back on Google.  One big caveat.  When they re-synced it did wipe out some of my Google Merchant Account settings.  I needed to re-do my taxes and my shipping policy link.  Taxes are not necessarily a big deal but not having a shipping policy link can prevent you from surfacing and from appearing in enhanced listings. 

1 Like