Both traffic and conversion have been down since the last week of August

Tourist
19 0 1

Hi everyone,

We are a lingerie store (www.orlinas.com) that has been in business since 2011. Our traffice peaked about over 500 per day during July and August, but all a sudden dropped to around 300 a day. We have always used FB campaigns and the results have been satisfactory untill the last week of August. The same ads that performed well during July and August have stopped performing. Now it has been a month and we haven't seen any changes.

I wonder anyone has any issues with FB campaign like us. Please let us know.

At this point, 1) I would like any suggestions about how to turn around our marketing . 2) how to improve the conversion rate.

We haven't seen such a big a drop since we launched so any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Liz, 

Their could be a number of things that contributed to this but I would say change the FB campaign to something new and fresh, I would also suggest using other platforms to market your brand. It hard to go in depth on here so if you want more help you can email me at jknazze@comcast.net

0 Likes
Tourist
29 0 2

Facebook marketing can be tricky if you don't niche down your customer segments. You can easily burn your pockets if the ads are not targeting your customer audience. If you already have customer emails (or) leads i would suggest to try out this app(there's a free credit on it) to get your customer interests https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights. Once you know your customer interests then you can segment them appropriately on facebook ad campaign or send emails which are around customer interests. This can help you to target similar audience too.

https://apps.shopify.com/customer-insights
0 Likes
Excursionist
45 0 6

Hey Liz,

Retargeting is something you should definitely take advantage of along with refreshing your ad campaigns. 

Check out Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) for help with your FB ads. Pollen takes your customer list and audience to automatically build lookalike audiences of people most likely to buy your products to ultimately help you drive sales. Best of all, Pollen even offers complimentary ads so you don't have to design the ads yourself!

Hope this helps :)

Best,
Taran
www.gopollen.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
188 0 31

Hey Liz,

This drop in visitors could be due to the Ad fatigue. Since you have used the same Ad for over 2 months, the Ad may not be new to your audience. Check the "frequency" metric for your Ads. If it is on higher side then you might want to stop the current Ad.

You could try the following :-

1) You can run your Ad on a completely new audience who have not seen your Ad before.

2) Run a different Ad (with a different ad objective) on your current audience. For e.g if you are optimizing your Ads for clicks then you can try running an ad with the conversion objective.

This might help you with identifying the right audience for you.

Karan

Orangetwig - Drive traffic to your store by social media

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
131 0 12

Let's look at your issue:

Our traffice peaked about over 500 per day during July and August, but all a sudden dropped to around 300 a day.

Ok then, your problem is TRAFFIC, not because of CONVERSION RATE. Am I right?

Your traffic site is the compound of several traffic sources. So it's hard to find down the problem in TOTAL. I think you should break them into INDIVIDUAL SOURCES/CHANNELS and see what is the real problem? Facebook, Email, Google search, or just because of the real demand!

When having a look at Google Trend, I see that demand for lingerie is still constant from July til now. So I believe that demand is still the same. The problem lies in your marketing

You mention Facebook, so you mean Facebook was the biggest traffic source but decrease recently, right? If yes, have a look at these metrics

1. Impression
  2. Click through rate (CTR)

Fomula: Traffic = Impression * Click  through rate (CTR)

Because of impression?

If the impression is lower, it can be because you spend less money on Facebook, or CPM (cost per impression) is increasing. Recently, Facebook does increase their CPM. You can try testing to find out the AUDIENCE that has lower CPM. (For example, in my industry, CPM for England is higher than that for U.S.)

Facebook CPMs Increase 171% In 2017 [Report]

You can try video, video content is lower in CPM than images

Because of Click-through rate?

Lower click-through rate issue is mainly because of content, ads creative. Test other types of content (video, images), other types of ad copy and images to increase Click through rate

You should check Frequency metric in Facebook Ad Manager. Frequency is about 1.5 - 2 which means that users have seen the same ad for 2 times, it's a waste of money

Users who have already visited homepage is quite different from users who visited product pages or who never visit your site before. So that you should divide them into different groups and write suitable content for each of them. You can have a look at my Facebook ad reference:

Shopify Facebook Ads: 5 effective ad types to increase your Traffic & Sales

Conversion rate?

I also have a look at your page and see some bugs. One of the most important function: Quick Preview is not working well. Try to fix it.

Furthermore, you have a review section in any product pages, it's really good. But try adding some fake reviews, so your users have evidence to believe in.

A tip for you:

If you have discount or promotion, create a landing page with all the promoted item. A landing page will definitely increase conversion rate because it is more focused than other pages.

We use PageFly Page Builder to build our landing pages and increase conversion rate. This app is quite flexible that can build any Shopify pages (homepage, product pages, landing pages...). If you care about tracking, this app can be a good choice, it integrates all element with Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics so you can track every click on the landing pages

Hope this helps ;)

Download free Shopify theme: https://www.sellersmith.com/pages/sellersmith-free-themes
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

I have had a similar issue since the end of August.  I have only started my site in July and was starting to get a trickle of orders in.  All the sudden this stopped and I wonder if this was due to the end of the summer holidays, many parents going back to work after being at home with the children.  I have also been made aware of a few issues on the Shopify storefronts, if you look through the recent outages you may be amazed to see what been going on.  I was speaking to a business contact today who couldn't get my site to show up.  There was an issue raised on the Shopify platform and after it was resolved another one was raised on a similar line.  I hope the platform remains stable and available as this is making me consider other platforms for my shop but I do like Shopify.  

1 Like
Tourist
42 0 2

I just read these articles and think that it perfectly fits your problem:

They are all about Google Analytics and Conversion tracking in Shopify. Really good technique!

Hope this helps ;)

Brand assistance @ DRT.com
0 Likes

Tony Kemp,

I have had a similar issue since the end of August.  I have only started my site in July and was starting to get a trickle of orders in.  All the sudden this stopped and I wonder if this was due to the end of the summer holidays, many parents going back to work after being at home with the children.  I have also been made aware of a few issues on the Shopify storefronts, if you look through the recent outages you may be amazed to see what been going on.  I was speaking to a business contact today who couldn't get my site to show up.  There was an issue raised on the Shopify platform and after it was resolved another one was raised on a similar line.  I hope the platform remains stable and available as this is making me consider other platforms for my shop but I do like Shopify.  

Well, there is often merchants ignore Google Analytics as the first step to do when looking at customers behaviors data. I've wrote the article aiming to figure out why sales are low and how Google Analytics can help you figure out the issue. Feel free to have a look at the article

Cheers,

Tony

PageFly - CRO Solution for your Store. #1 in Page Builder, #15 in All Apps Category - https://apps.shopify.com/pagefly
0 Likes