Building an audience through Instagram

Conor_Q
Tourist
20 0 1

Hey guys,

Ive been signed up to instagram for about a year and havent really done much but lately ive decided to start using it more often and I plan to upload daily.

Does anyone have any experience in building an instagram audience you can leverage sales from? I would really love to know how and get on the bandwagen.

Ive been promoting my products from Facebook since the start (July 2014) and really and Facebook advertising doesnt seem as useful as it once was.

I would really like to know how to build an audience through Instagram from people who have done it.

I also know that there is a shopify article on this but would prefer to here from businesses and people who can provide a real insight into doing this.

0 Likes
Justin_L1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
127 0 9

Hey there,

Instagram can be an amazing tool to help generate traffic and sales to your site, all while having fun interacting with your customers.

I have a couple blog posts that you may find great to give you a good leg up. I know you mentioned the article there, but thrught I would link it for others browsing the forums too

How to build a massive following with Instagram

How to use Instagram as a selling tool.

There's some great information in there of marketing tips, how and when to post to Instagram, and really push your subscribers and sales. :)

What I would recommend is to work on a good hashtag, and try to motivate to get your followers to post using that tag. Perhaps get people to take pictures wearing your products and sharing using that hashtag, or having regular products updates or pictures, or even discounts being used directly in the pictures.

You can also look at integrating a feed onto your shop, or using an app like UrPic to create a shoppable galleies too! 

Staying social with your customers and being consistent with your posts are definitely good things to keep in mind.

If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free!

Justin L

0 Likes