Can I have more visitors on my Shopify store with SEO?

AftonJast
1 0 0

Hello I'm running a Shopify store with paid ads on Facebook, Instagram and Google ads etc, I'm just trying to find out if there's way to promote store through SEO and save any single penny from paid marketing on my store best camping generators?

0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
295 24 87

SEO really boils down to three areas: 

1. Technical stuff and making the website work well and be understood by googl
  2. On-page content and relevancy
  3. Off-site link acquisition or authority building.

Execute on those well and you're on the right track.

Mores specifically this might look something like like:

• Have products that get searched for, and name them the way they are searched for. Use good keyword search volume data and a robust keyword research process to help here. (on-page / relevancy)
  • Have a fast loading site and things like JSON-LD schema markeup, and internal linking that supports equity flow to money pages (tech seo)
  • Improve the "topicality" of each page to meet search intent through on-page optimisation. Include the right information and sub-topics on a page. Custom sections and tech specs can help here (on-page)
  • Build out a link-aquisition strategy to improve your backlink profile from relevant, trusted websites. (off-site)
  • Evaluate if a more typical SEO+content strategy can work to generate sales in and of itself, and/or act as a backlink endpoint/magnet to leverage to further a link-aquisition strategy, and/or act as internal topic equity value to help products rank themselves.

SEO is an owned channel, meaning that it's usually time-consuming to grow but can be extremely cost effective in the long term

Also, some products lend themselves naturally to search with a LOT of category search vol, while other products may not be a good fit for search or organic search as a channel. There's no one-size fits all. There's also competition, worth doing an SEO competitor analysis to benchmark both organic search channel potential and how much effort is needed in terms of link acquisition based on competitors backlink profiles. 

The barrier to doing SEO is pretty low, and you can get a lot out of self-directed learning and testing DIY style. But the ramp up to doing it well can be quite long.

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
308 7 42

Well, the answer is, "Yes, you can have more visitors to your Shopify store using SEO."

The easy-to-use Shopify function adds another feather to its famous and successful hat whether you are a complete newbie or have limited design experience. Not only does it build an online store, but it also makes it look attractive and convincing to customers. You can also link to a list of entirely unpaid apps in your online store. This guide describes the ultimate end-to-end sales on Shopify to take your business to the next level.

Below are the steps to unbeatable SEO - Free Traffic Strategy: 

There are various ways to drive traffic to your website and use it for marketing conversions - from including calls to actions, providing your visitors with the information they want, making seamless navigation, and more.

Step 1: You use Shopify Collections to set up the Complete Site Layout

Site building is a significant factor in Shopify SEO. It includes internal links integrated into your website and provides a user-friendly experience that keeps people coming back for more. Shopify collections contain navigation tools that help customers find your products by collecting products in categories or groups.

Categories could be sales items, women's clothing, men's jeans, and so on. Other similar items can be categorised to make it easier for consumers to find what they are looking for. For example, products can be broken down into several batches to move traffic to the right place without checking the entire catalogue.

Shopify collections improve SEO because they act as hub pages, which are collection pages on a specific topic that links within multiple pages related to the original issue. It works as a store with a table of contents. Depending on the market’s size and your products' supply, the collections should start with simple categories and then go deeper into the selection process.

Step 2: Write description descriptions for SEO

Instead of letting your products speak for themselves, it would be better for you to write useful and long descriptions for your page. For example, for each collection, if you sell "Face Make-up," write a report explaining the specific category of product and what to expect from it. The description makes the page stand out more with the keywords listed and the customers looking at it.

Internal links are also an essential part of the SEO on your Shopify store page. They link to a related blog-post on the collections page, which keeps people reading and interested.

Internal linking is a great way to increase SEO engagement and dynamics, keeping users on the site longer. The Shopify platform offers several SEO on-page spaces. Therefore, it is essential to edit the title, meta description, and URL in your collections.

Step 3: Adding a Blog to Shopify

In terms of SEO, adding your website, tagging pages, and products to your website is the first step. But you can't just rely on products to drive your total traffic from multiple panel categories. Some product-based searches indicate that users in the consumer journey are large. The image below shows the first stages of a buyer's journey:

What works best for a salesperson is that users do not yet want the products during the problem's awareness phase. However, they may be looking for more information, where they may be able to dig into all the relevant information on the topic.

Enter relevant blogs that match your sales; start internal and external links to drive traffic to your website.

Step 4: Connect Build to Shopify

After highlighting product pages, blogs, and designs on your website, now is the time to create links. This is as important as the content. It helps drive signals from authoritative sites, ultimately building your domain authority by moving the right traffic.

Shopify's link-building focuses on products and blogs. The more content you create for the blog, the more sites will target you with content, making it easier to find your space links.

Finally, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for eCommerce businesses to thrive is essential, and as a store owner, you need to know how it works, not to mention. SEO works to allow your store to rise to the level of Search Engine Optimization (SERP) pages, which is essential as you grow your business in this digital age.

0 Likes

Hi @AftonJast ,

SEO takes time. If you start today you might get results in 1-1.5 years. The fact is small business do not have this much time frame to adopt to the online world. You can't really sit and relax and wait for your site to be listed on Google. There are tons ans tons of ecommerce store. How they can be listed all on Google page. Things are not aligning well here. Do i make sense here?, please let me know in comment section
My really honest advice to you will be to keep SEO long term and do not pull the plug for your FB campaigns.

We have seen stores making 8x-10x profits on there ad spends with FB campaigns. The thing is you really have to setup your campaigns really well and make sure you are targeting right audience and are leveraging all of the proven campaign strategies which worked well for others.
We have noticed this pain point while working as shopify partners and rolled out Addyz app. We have put in all the automation required to make the process as seamless and automated as possible. 
If you have some doubts just drop a message below.

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales
0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Navigator
505 21 60

Hi @AftonJast 

SEO is an effective way to get traffic with a lower budget than other paid ads. Many stores have been successful with this method. If you want to promote your store through SEO, I'd recommend you read this article: Simple Shopify SEO Guide: Step-by-step for beginners.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Propelguru
Trailblazer
308 7 42

Try these techniques to get more visitors to your Shopify store with SEO

• Optimize Your Shopify Store for Search Engine Traffic
  • Attract Customers with Content Marketing
  • Write Guest Posts For Sites Within Your Niche
  • Write Blog Post Features of Influencers in Your Market
  • Use Influencer Marketing on Social Media
  • Integrate Social Media
0 Likes
RyanPaterson
3 0 0

To be honest, ads on Instagram and Facebook did not bring me any results. I spent quite a lot of money but it didn't help to improve the statistics of my website. Google advertising was too expensive for me, although I realized that this is a really effective way. My friend advised me to try link-building services. When ranking, search engines take into account backlinks — those that lead to your site from other resources. The more natural, high-quality, and diverse they are, the higher the site will rise in the search results. Maybe this will help you.

0 Likes
LiamJohnson
6 0 0

Hey @AftonJast , I have worked with a number of eCommerce websites to develop their SEO strategies, throughout my experience with these companies I tend to stick to this 5 step process for developing an SEO strategy -

• Keyword research based on buyers intent

This means that you should decide the keywords based on what the buyer wants. Buyer’s intent basically means how far along someone is in their decision to buy. For example- if someone is still in their searching phase then they would search for things like “best smartphone” whereas if the buyer’s intent is to buy a particular phone then their search would look something like “iPhone 12 best price”.

Now, to uncover buyer’s intent you can use SEO tools like Ahrefs and also find the average cost per click(CPC) of a keyword with the help of Google keyword planner.

• Improving your site structure

A good site structure is important to put information into action. You don’t want to be left with any abandoned carts and for that, it is imperative to offer the best navigation experience to the user.

Follow the three golden rules to get the best site structure:

1.Make it scalable and simple

2.Make sure that no page takes more than 3 clicks to get to from any other page.

3.Carry out detailed keyword research to create highly relevant page URLs.

• On-page SEO for product and category pages

When a buyer gets to your product or category page, you need to have a strategy that pushes them to add to the cart and make a sale. To do that it is vital to use the right keywords in the right places in order to convert better.

1.Some places where you should put your primary keywords include URLs, Title Tag(h1), body copy, image alt text, metadata.

2.Utilize selling keywords like free shipping/buy/purchase/best/sale/discounts etc. for product pages meta description and titles.

3.Make your site visually appealing with the use of high-quality images and videos.

4.Influence search engine users by using product review ‘snippets’.

5.Craft a detailed benefits-focused copy for each product page.

• eCommerce technical SEO Audit

The technical side of SEO includes things like user experience, mobile friendliness, speed, and working links. Efficient eCommerce websites require weekly/monthly SEO audits to handle technical SEO issues.

Some of the issues that should be addressed include-

1.Mobile optimization issues related to navigation experience and responsive design

2.Security concerns related to financial transactions and databases.

3.Non-indexed worthy category and product pages.

4.The occurrence of many ‘not found’ pages.

5.The website loading speed.

• eCommerce Link building

I know it might seem hard to convince other websites to link back to your content but it is not impossible to achieve. As long as you write content that is relevant and informative people will want to use your link because it adds value. Link building is necessary for your eCommerce SEO strategy as it increases and demonstrates your site’s authority and improves ranking in targeted search results.

If you’re looking for a more in-depth strategy for your eCommerce site, I recently attended a webinar that you might find very useful - Boost eCommerce Revenue - 5 SEO strategies that founders love

Hope this helps!

0 Likes

Of course you can, we have made over 100 stores getting organic traffic through search engines. 

but it will take time, it is not an overnight strategy! 

Head of SEO Team at Improwth
Email: mark@improwth.com
https://improwth.com/seo-for-stores
0 Likes
Judithmg
Shopify Partner
208 0 19

Products SEO Editing

Selling products is one of the main goals of any online store, these are some SEO tips on how to name and describe your items:

• Product Title: be concise and write something that makes sense with the product and brand. Think of how to make it attractive to your potential customers.
  • Product Description: common errors are copying and pasting the description of a product from your manufacturer or copying and pasting the same description for similar products. This adversely affects your shop’s SEO. All you should do is write 300-400 words describing and trying to add the keywords in the description (add them with logic, do not add them if it’s not logical)
  • Images: always use high-quality images. For each image uploaded, you should also edit the Alt text”, including a short description of the image, this feature is useful for people who are visually impaired.
  • Tags: they are used for filtering your website, and has a no larger impact on SEO.
  • Collections: add products that make sense with the different collections. Your collection titles should also make sense (avoid using too personalized collections names, it’s only good if people already know your store and your collections) For example: If you are selling “beach towels”, don’t name your collection “The Sand and the Sun Collection”, people won’t know what are you selling.
  • URL: use dashes (-) in your URL instead of underscores (_).
  • Important pages and collections of your shop must be on the main page!

A combination of SEO and SEM (paid advertising) is the best strategy to boost your online store and drive quality traffic! If SEO is already taking some time and you need help, you can automate paid ads. You can go to Shopify store and take advantage of Google ads and shopping app for free! This app will help you to start running and optimizing your Google ads campaigns.

0 Likes