Can't link Facebook Page to Ad Account

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to add my Facebook ad account to my Shopify account but whenever I click my profile and say connect it says "This Business Manager couldn’t add the Page you selected because it’s linked to an Instagram account. Another Business Manager owns the linked Instagram account." 

I don't understand why it won't let me connect my profiles. I have an instagram account to advertise my shopify store, it makes no sense. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
420 29 60

Hi, @Jack-Jordan.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

I can see how this would be confusing. I'm happy to provide some insight here on the reason this is happening. This error will appear because the Instagram account that is linked to the Facebook page is showing that it is owned by another business manager than the one connected in your Shopify admin.

To resolve this, you can go into your Facebook Business Manager and then remove the Instagram account that's linked with the Facebook Page that you are trying to connect from any other business managers and then make sure it is connected to the business manager that is connected inside your admin. 

I did some digging and it looks like you can follow Facebook's guidelines on disconnecting/connecting your Facebook Page to your Instagram account, here: Connect a Page.

Just to confirm, are you looking to sell products on Facebook, or are you looking to create Facebook marketing campaigns through the admin?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes