Can you help with the marketing of my site?

Scott_Pesavento
Tourist
18 0 2

I have launched a relatively new site however I am unsure how to effectively market my site now. Is social media the best route? Adwords? Blogs? It is unrealistic to do all at once for us so how should he prioritize? 

I am am looking for recommendations and resources for assistance. I am very ready to invest today.

Would love over feedback on the site and needed improvements: 

www.TheGrillSource.com

Not applicable
1626 0 0

I love the website!

As you are selling a highend item I wouldn't have thought facebook ads would be as appropriate as using say google adwords. With adwords you could target people who are already predisposed to purchasing your product.

Tom

www.abundleof.co.uk

0 Likes
LikoHat1
2 0 0

Hi Scott !! What's the name of your website.

0 Likes
Scott_Pesavento
Tourist
18 0 2

The website is: www.TheGrillSource.com

0 Likes
Luis_Morales1
4 0 0

Hey Scott,

The best advice I can give you is that there is a difference between Marketing dollars and Sales dollars, and different platforms for each, depending on the product. Marketing dollars create brand awareness and educate potential customers (they are jabs, in Gary Vaynerchuk terms), whereas sales dollars are meant to generate sales (right hooks).

To add to what A Bundle Of said nicely above, you sell a very high end product, so if your goal is sales, you should pick your platforms accordingly - Google Adwords, maybe your own e-mail marketing, cross promotions etc.

For branding, education purposes or accessories, Facebook can work quite nciely.

Of course, using both can work magic - using Facebook to retarget people who have visited your website is a great and effective way to make sales. With SEO, blogging can also simultaneously serve as an edicational piece of content AND a sales channel if you properly optimize your blogs and website for highly searched keywords.

I specialize in SEO and digital marketing, so if you want more information on this and how I can help let me know - luis@lusiemorales.com

Hope that gives you some clarity!

0 Likes
Scott_Pesavento
Tourist
18 0 2

Thank you for your time. I am exploring all alternatives right now and will be in touch.

0 Likes
Luis_Morales1
4 0 0

Sure thing Scott, glad I could give you some value!

0 Likes
David_Roche
Excursionist
43 0 4

Nice site  I wish mine looked so clean! Not clear on your point of difference - the top of your about page talks about hardware rather than grilling.   Ok reading futher its is "Exceptional Grills at Exceptional Prices - and  Weber fanatics"  Maybe put something like that  on your front page

I did find the product category pages a bit strange with the +1-1 coming up strangley on my laptop

Google Adwords is one of the quickest way of getting traffic.

Try Google Shopping first as that typically has the highest ROAS (Return on Advertising Spend) for many products - and I suspect for yours too. Its also one of the simplest to set up.

I haven't used facebook but know others in the boutique fashion area (with a facebook presence)  who have had fantastic results.  It has the advantage of allowing highly specific demographic targetting.

For me Display adds have not been great return but for your product putting it on selected sites might be worthwhile.

In the long run content - blogs etc is probably the best way - but takes time.

Also build your emai list as rapidly as possible - from your physical stores (even if they are purely hardware) as well as online.  

Email lists are your best marekting but they take an active focus on builidng maintaining and sending relevant content such that subscibers stay with you. I suspect getting a recipe with photos  each month - using this for a blog, pictufacebook and instagram and including as content in your email as a value add in addition to any selling could work for you

0 Likes
Ron_Miskin
Tourist
17 0 1

your site does look fantastic Scott.  From our personal perspective, I have two very different types of customers, I sell yarn & hunting/fishing gear, Email lists do have the highest response rate, and lowest ROI, but I am thinking purchase frequency with your stuff is pretty low... on the other hand I have three grills out back, and could be tempted by a fourth if it was completely awesome.  I have found that (and this is totally unscientific and not verifiable)  Women respond to FB ads with a greater conversion rate then men. Men seem to click through Adwords ads with a much higer frequency. Men, I am guessing buy the majority of grills, so I agree with David, Google Shopping/Adwords with its targeting might be your easiest start.  But you are competing with everyone else including Weber and it is all about price at that point.   Instagram is rapidly becoming our best friend with conversions, but again a $45 pair of socks isn't even close to a $1200 grill. 

Good Luck with it, I really am impressed with your site.  (and David your site is pretty darn excellent as well, I hope ours looks that good someday)

Ron

0 Likes
Bruce_from_Orio
2 0 0

Hi Scott,

That's a big question. Some basics I'd suggest covering:

• Google AdWords / Google Shopping:  These users are actively looking for what you're selling so these are your warmest leads.

• Facebook Advertising:  Great for driving traffic at a relatively low cost. Facebook Advertising tends to be significantly cheaper than Google Search so it's good to cover both bases. 

• Email:  Visitors almost never buy right away, especially since you're selling a high priced item. You'll need to be able to drive users BACK to your site to encourages sales. A purchase scenario may look something like: Facebook Ad Click to Site > Sign-up for email list > Receives email newsletter a few days later, clicks to site and finds a product they like but does not make a purchase > Goes back to day-to-day life, thinks about that awesome grill but it's pushed back in their mind because of a million other things going on> Receives another newsletter, sees the item they like is on sale - or it's a more appropriate time to buy a grill > SALE!

• Retargeting:  Same principal as above - Remarketing to your past visitors, except these ads show up as display ads during their web browsing, not as emails. You can tailor dynamic ads based on products a user has visited or added to their cart.

• Deal Sites / Best-of Lists, etc:  This takes more grunt work than the above but this is super-valuable for creating awareness and for your site's SEO

That's a really basic run-through from a quick glance at your site, which is very nice btw. Helping small businesses get on the digital map is something we specialize in, let me know if you want to discuss further. Good luck!

0 Likes