Changing Themes - is The Anything I Need To Knw?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi

Im about to change themes from 'Debut' to 'Testament' and wanted to know if there's anything I should be aware of before making the switch. The design is nearly complete for the new theme and ready to switch tomorrow so, regarding SEO, Apps, Shopify is there anything I need to be aware of please?

Your help is appreciated.

Ash

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
370 61 88

Hello @Ash271,  You have to just customize newly pubslished theme. It will not affect on  other part of shopify like apps, shopify. 

If it is useful mark this like and accept solution  

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 7

@Ash271  apps tends to include snippets and snippet inclusions in theme files upon installation, hence if new theme was added after app install it might not contain snippets from apps.

Before going live, make sure all used app snippets and snippet inclusions are included in new theme.

Best of luck!

Aivis Zvezdovs / ANTI 404

Hire me - zvezdovs@gmail.com
Did my answer helped you? A like would be appreciated!
Shopify is a great platform and will make you a ton of profit, if executed correctly.
Push it to make your store as perfect as you can, or hire a professional to take your store to next level.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Since changing over themes Ive received a message from google saying 'Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt'. This is on my checkout page, cart page, shipping, privacy policy, terms of service, refund and search query page. Do you know how I fix this please?

Thank You

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
271 12 20

Hi @Ash271 

You should read this writing: How to Change Shopify Theme - Acquiring New Themes, it tells you how to change a theme, how to upgrade a theme, and what happens after changing a theme.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes